Finally decided SCX10 BAD BRONCO!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys need some help on motor choice guys. I have found three different setups I have considered purchasing. Here are pics with prices. This rig is mainly going to just be trail run maybe a little rock crawling here and there.

View attachment 13193 $167.00 shipped and it's used but very little

View attachment 13194 $150.00 new

View attachment 13195 $90.00 shipped new comes with diff program setting for drag brake setup.

Last edited:
For the record the Integy aluminum scale wheels are excellent. They have been around with adjustable hubs long before VP was doing scaler wheels. Plus they dont rape you on the price.

I agree with Pete on the VXL or sidewinder too.

IMO Novak is the smoothest system out there but they never last very long for me. I went through several Novak systems and they all gave out on me within ten packs!

The VXL or the Sidewinder SV3 would be my choice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Crea...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acc98a8d8

Well I don't want my motor going out that quick. I may stay with my current setup for now. Put my cash into other upgrades. Thanks guys for all the replies. How long does one usually get out of the VXL system. Only going to running a 2s lipo.

A vxl on 2s should last a very long time, same goes for the SV3.

How long run times would I be looking at getting out of a vxl setup on the 2s Lipo's. Right now I am only running a 2s 5000Mah 20c battery. I got my cgr body mounted tonight and it looks like I will be doing some serious trimming on the fenders to get my 2.2 Rock beast to clear at a full stuff. I had to drill an extra hole in the front body post to get it at the right ride height in the front. Trying to keep my body mounted as low as possible for center of gravity. Plus I really don't want to install a lift kit. I think the shocks the previous owner has installed are already 95mm. Hoping those Gmade portals give me at least some extra clearance. Stuck waiting on my aluminum upgrades I ordered for the portals. View attachment 13196

Last edited:
Got some work done tonight!

Well all my Gmade aluminum parts came in today. So I have been busy putting the Portal's together tonight. Took a break to post some pics. Got my links also hope to have most together tonight. I can tell you these Portals are at least close to an inch wider on each side I like them so far, everything seems to be good quality. Heres some pics.

View attachment 13201 SHINEY LOL:hehe:

View attachment 13202

View attachment 13203

Last edited:
Got my body somewhat painted tonight and the portal's installed with the aluminum links. Man she sits pretty tall. I may have to get a drop hoop kit lower it a bit. I will get pics up when the body is finished. Having some issue's with my axles running at an angle. Not sure why. Have seen seval other conversions with the protals and they all used stock links without this issue. I will post some pics hopefully Sunday. Nothing binding and everything is moving freely so I might do some trailing with it Sunday.

Okay guys need some help on motor choice guys. I have found three different setups I have considered purchasing. Here are pics with prices. This rig is mainly going to just be trail run maybe a little rock crawling here and there.

View attachment 13193 $167.00 shipped and it's used but very little

View attachment 13194 $150.00 new

View attachment 13195 $90.00 shipped new comes with diff program setting for drag brake setup.

out of those 3 i would pick the last one, only because the vxl isnt sensored,although most are pretty smooth, as stated Novak is smooth but wont last long. If i ever go brushless in my TF2 it will be the waterproof castle stuff :D

---------- Post added at 1:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:40 AM ----------

How long run times would I be looking at getting out of a vxl setup on the 2s Lipo's. Right now I am only running a 2s 5000Mah 20c battery. I got my cgr body mounted tonight and it looks like I will be doing some serious trimming on the fenders to get my 2.2 Rock beast to clear at a full stuff. I had to drill an extra hole in the front body post to get it at the right ride height in the front. Trying to keep my body mounted as low as possible for center of gravity. Plus I really don't want to install a lift kit. I think the shocks the previous owner has installed are already 95mm. Hoping those Gmade portals give me at least some extra clearance. Stuck waiting on my aluminum upgrades I ordered for the portals. View attachment 13196

If you can lift the body, it shouldnt mess with your COG that much, i couldnt tell a huge difference when i lifted my TF2 with a heavy hard body on it.

Last edited:
Well here it is so far. Took me awhile to get those Gmade axles installed and running true. I like them so far. Just finished up the Bronco body tonite. Did a trail run earlier the extra height didn't seem to mess to bad with my center of gravity to bad at all. Here's some pics so far. I haven't mounted the blower on there it's just setting on there not decided if I like it looks kinda big. Guys let me know what you think. These pics don't do the Candy heavy metal green justice! LOL!:hehe:

View attachment 13209

View attachment 13210

View attachment 13211

View attachment 13212

Last edited:
Man this thing looks nice. The blower is a great touch, looks a tad high though, sorry it look good.

I didn't care for the blower, which is why I left it off of mine.

DSC000071.jpg

Yah I think I will leave the blower off, way to big. Hope to get some better pics up Monday. Getting ready to purchase a new motor. Thinking about getting the dual motor plate from CMS or Level 3 not sure there on the bay. Thinking about going with twin Integy 35t high torque motors. Going to upgrade trans to, with some Hot racing steel gears or may just purchase the extended out drive trans. Not to sure about the 32 pitch pinion though. Guess that's like the difference like the mod 1 or mod 8 spurs on nitro's? What exactly is the extended outdrives. It is listed on there web site you may have to cut the drive shaft. If this is so, I think I wold be good to go would like a little extra length on my rear drive shaft anyhow. With the Gmades I have a little less contact inside the driveshafts. Thanks for all the replies guy's. I busted but all weekend to get this rig together, wish I could have got more trail riding but weather here sucks right now. If you guys could give me some input about the extended outdrive trans that would be great.

the color is GREAT!!! Blower? MEH.....dont care for it myself......unless you just want the looks of 2 motors, i wouldn't think they would be needed, someone may correct me but 1 35t high torque should be plenty. I plan on switching my TF2 over to 48p gears to try and quieten it down a bit, the hard body makes it LOUD.

Are you gonna be running 2s or 3s?

Prob be running 2S, I was going for the twin motor setup just for the cool factor plus it should ad more torque right?

Yes it would add more torque, sounds like with what you have done,your drivetrain should handle it, more weight on the rig, but less run time, you will be feeding 2 motors and 2 esc's so you would basically cut your run time in 1/2, just my .02.........i would for sure look cool though.

I have came across a couple people doing the dual motor setup using the Traxxas summit ESC That way you can run one esc for both motors. I am thinking about going that route but not sure what kind of drag brake the summit has. Also what do you guys think of the Homes hobby motors not sure if I spelled it correctly or not. Have seen a lot of people running them on youtube.

Well getting back to my scaling a little more. I an tired of burning up those 35t motors so I bought me an RC4WD 45T hope it holds up better. Think those 35T were not cut out for the extreme hill climbing that my brother and I are into. View attachment 13829 May even end up going to a 55T. I don't want to go any lower on my gearing.

Last edited: