Few Tips to Know from Pro-Racers.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweak

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently read a really good article and wish to post some of it here. You can find the entire thing online in Action Car magazine. I credit the entirty of this thread to a great man by the name of Richard Thomas.

1. Easy pit-stop and race fueling: Get a zip tie. Either fabricate a loop using fuel tubing or simply zip it around your fuel tank handle. Thread the longer end of the tie thru the body of your ride. Now, either place another hole using a reamer in the body (to accept the fuel nozzle or gun in some cases.) Now there is no need to remove the body to refuel during a race. Siomply grasp the zip tie and give it a good pull. Make sure you can see into the body of the vehicle so you don't spill or overflow, That can be dangerous.

2. For those of you out the in R/c land who like to use alternates for antenna tubing, here's a thought. Place a small ammount of fuel tubing on your antena TUBE, yes, a "tube on another tube" right where your body meets. this will snug up that extra slack and prevent cuts and cracks in the fuel tubing.

3.Homemade Drift Tires: Simply use black, primed PVC that's the same diamiter of your tires. Cut and glue it and Viola! Great drift tires. Heat em up for better performance.

4.Hang Em' high: If you store your ride on flat surfaces or in another similar way, you can actually damage your tires or even shocks. Hang you rig on a peg board insted. It helps ease preasure on the car and makes your workshop look more organized.

Hope this helps someone out in thier new found hobby. Remeber- Spare Parts are your best friend. Always keep em handy, the WILL come in usefull.

4 kinda makes me wonder.... Mine live sitting flat. In that magazine, does is state how it messes up the tires/shocks?

creates flat spots on the rubber or foam

Also puts pressure on the bladders or O-rings in the shocks and can cause the seals to fail

Nice, Someone actually learned something from one of my posts. W00T!

I need some 4" pvc then....
All mine rest on shelves.

I realize this is faily old...but busted, instead of having them set directly on the shelf, I always have the big paint cans around(the ones for walls) and just sit my chassie on top of that to work on it or while it sits there...

SpitFireV12RR said:
I realize this is faily old...but busted, instead of having them set directly on the shelf, I always have the big paint cans around(the ones for walls) and just sit my chassie on top of that to work on it or while it sits there...

I just leave it on the starter box, thats fine, right?

Thats fine. Anything that is highenough so that the tires are suspended off the ground.

I set my savage upside down and my buggy suspended on an old engine box... the revo sits on my PVC stand that I made.

I've seen photo's of guys who hang them on peg boards... looks kind of cool. Makes me wish I had a "war" room for my RC's. I don't think my wife would appreciate my buggy, savage and revo hanging on the wall in our dining room!

i hang them off the wall with bungy cords and stuff. leaving them setting on there tires will make the springs weak and flat spot the tires, the springs going soft is the worst part

I've got mine on shelf strips/brackets. The total setup costs around $10 to hang 6 cars.

You guys would laugh very much at what I just started doing. i twist a wire coat hanger to make two hooks that hook onto the rear bumper and its still allowed to be hung from the normal formed hook. It hangs in my closet now. Yeah, imagine my mom's surprise next time she opens the closet, lol. will get some pics of tomorrow.

mine sit on metal shecling in my closet the clod well stock tires and shocks so not much to hurt there and the rc10t its on top off a duffelbag lol. springs are shot anyway.

All of mine is in a book case sittin on foam blocks to keep the flat spots from formin

Here is another tip for you

where your fuel line goes in (etc fuel fliter carb tank) take a small peice of shrink hose and put in on your fuel line (with fuel out and free of fumes) heat the wrap and you will never get air in your lines at them points again.

I've seen photo's of guys who hang them on peg boards... looks kind of cool. Makes me wish I had a "war" room for my RC's. I don't think my wife would appreciate my buggy, savage and revo hanging on the wall in our dining room!

Yeh man that would be wicked just have a room dedicated to R/C. I may have to convert the garage!lol

my savage sets on a really nice rd logictis work stand build just for the savage and it look good too better for the 50 dollor rice tag

another good way to keep your buggy off its tires is to take a roll of,lets say duct tape, actually you use the card board inner to support the buggy, its just tall enough to keep the wieght off your tires and it fits neatly under the chassie

Last edited:
Back