FD Windows 10 Update

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The laptop was the first of my computers to get Windows, @Rolex. I ran the pre-release versions on it even. Never really had a problem with it there at all. The workstation is the last of mine that got upgraded and has always been a problem child.

Mac user here for going on four years, never going back personally. Windows are designed to do two things well, be wide open for everything coming in, and break. :D
It's a lot better now than it used to be. Mac OS is great for people who don't mind paying quite a bit more just for an apple logo and access to Mac OS, however with windows, as long as you don't do anything stupid you're fine. I've never had issues with anything Windows at all caused by windows, most of the time it's caused by me- but I build my own PC's, as I use them for other things than forums, and a lot of the time issues have been caused by my own incompetence :D

I was thinking of trying it in this laptop to try it, since there's nothing in here yet, but now I think I'll pass.
If you're happy with 7, then I'd stay, but the chances of anything going drastically wrong are very slim.

Most of the windows problems I've had since Windows XP came out have been caused by blown updates. Normally I have no other problems.

Most of the windows problems I've had since Windows XP came out have been caused by blown updates. Normally I have no other problems.
When you think that Microsoft are having to cater for millions if not billions of devices, all with different specifications running windows, then it's pretty impressive they can get it out to all those people with pretty much a 100% success rate, apart from the odd glitch. Thus the reason why apple devices have less issues with updates, as they know exactly what to cater for in terms of specifications.

Yeah, the windows and android guys really have the worst scenario to deal with. I suppose the linux (ubuntu, mint...) have their fair share of issues, but I don't know if that gets updated much. I installed ubuntu once on a vm just to tinker around, but never installed it as an OS on the HD. I did make a bootable ubuntu thumbdrive once... can come in handy in a pinch. I think my wife overwrote it with mp3's for her car though.

Yeah, the windows and android guys really have the worst scenario to deal with. I suppose the linux (ubuntu, mint...) have their fair share of issues, but I don't know if that gets updated much. I installed ubuntu once on a vm just to tinker around, but never installed it as an OS on the HD. I did make a bootable ubuntu thumbdrive once... can come in handy in a pinch. I think my wife overwrote it with mp3's for her car though.
Agreed. I once installed Ubuntu to see what the fuss was about. I didn't really understand the point of it, you could do a lot of the stuff you could do on windows, but it just felt buggy and unfinished. I think that when it is paired with a raspberry Pi, it can become incredibly useful.