Favorite way to clean off R.C car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
what is your favorite way to clean off your rc car or truck? especially after water or snow.

Cap carb intake and exhaust (if applicable) and use an air compressor to get the big stuff and anything else it will off first. Then pull the wheels and tires off, pull the electronics (if not waterproof) and either hot soapy water or a diluted mix of simple green and warm/hot water and brushes. Then rinse, then air compressor to dry. MAKE SURE you get water out of all the little nooks and crevices, bearings, etc. Then you'll need to go over and lube all your bearings.

Wet dirt, wet grass: air compressir, rags, toothbrushes
Dry Dirt: air compressor
Snow: heat gun, make sure you get the metal parts like bearings. Also a good way to get off the majority is to drop it from like a couple of feet and the snow will fly off. I like to rest my buggy upside down for a while so the water will come out of there.

All the above but I get really tired of cleaning them so I stay out of the water and mud.

The way I drive I roll it often and it rolls just as easy in the mud. The wife is tired of going in after it....:D We are even though because I have to fix anything that breaks with hers. Went out today and smoked a motor on the wife's Stampede "over geared" and I snapped a driveshaft on mine. I guess there's a reason they call it bashing...

Garden hose, compressed air, put in front of a fan. For snow, I put it in the tub and use a hand shower to melt all the snow/ice, shake it really good, then compressed air and put in front of a fan.

Then relube bearings and put white lightning on all hinge pins, c-hubs, cvd/dogbone joints and spurs/pinions/cb's.

i use a vacuum :) and tweezers, and plastic spoons, and a cardboard cereal box to put all the dirt, water, snow, and grime in. then i use my airbrush to blow dry it off. i also use the airbrush to push the water out of crevices, into the vacuum tube extension. i put the body shell in the kitchen sink to drip dry, which didn't make Mom very happy. neither did me cleaning my rc truck on the white carpet. and yes, like "tunedpipe" and "rafatus"', i avoid driving my rc truck in or near water, snow, or mud.

I use tire slick with a tooth brush then a lower pressure air compressor.

Did somebody say mud? Mud is fun, but lots of cleanup afterwards. I just like posting these because I know Rolex will have nightmares every I time I do. :hehe: Waterproofing your electronics makes it much easier, or buying them that way makes it much easier.

VtMJx.jpg

2B3bc.jpg

I like to use the water hose to knock off all the loose stuff and a little brush to finish in the corners. Then I use a Coleman air bed inflator to blow off all excess water and dry it. The blower blows cold air at high volume and it's not strong enough to blow water or dirt into bearings. It is also good to have with you to cool your motor and ESC after race so you can be ready to race again. A directed spray of WD-40 slick silicone spray will lubricate all the bearings and displays any moisture.

I stick them in a black after running leave it under a radiator in the hall for a couple of days, once it’s dry I use a tooth brush to get the worst off then I use baby wipes to clean it off nicely it generally comes up well,

Back