Fantoms are Dressed up HPI SS motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_789

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I heard fantoms were hpis but i just verfied it by looking at them. Look at this HPI nitro star .15 SS
hpig1000.jpg

This is the .15 fantom only difrence is fantom tosses on their own head and I assume they do some porting and cleaning on the inside but I would love to have a stock hpi ss to compare my fanom inards to .

fanf15rps.jpg

I don't know X , first I had heard that the HPI SS engines were being manufactured by Novarossi. Second if you look at the block the HPI has fins all the way down to where the mounting plate is. The Fantom only has three short fins, only down to the logo. I think the carbs look quite similar though.

They may look a lot a like, but the same could be said for a lot of .15 size engines. How many ways can you make the same thing to function in the same manner without similarities popping up? Not too many.

They share the same block and pullstarter but the ports on the inside are diffrent and the heads are diffrent

Ryan:bandit:

Back