EzRun motor on 10BL60 ESC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J00hn

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys

Sorry for the noob question here, but I know very little about Hobbywing and their ESC's.

I've gotten hands on a EzRun 3652 motor and is looking for an ESC to use it with. I've been offered a Hobbywing 10BL60 without sensor, but everywhere I look, they say you should combine the 3652 with a Max10 ESC, and the 10BL60 with the Quicrun range of motors. It seems odd to me if they can't be combined, but I just want to double check before purchasing the ESC.

Does anyone know?

Pics of the motor will help here as Hobbywing as different variations of the 3652 motors. I'm guessing this is what you have? : https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ezrun-3652sl-g2-motors?variant=27755255057

What kv motor is it? (This is an important)

Here is the 10BL60 which is the sensorless version: https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-wp-10bl60?variant=655109969

The 3652 SL should be a direct fit with the 10BL60 (sensorless).

All depends on what your doing with the car. For off-road uses, you can use 2s lipo and 4000kv or below. You can use 3s with 3000kv and below.

To my knowledge the 3652 SL motors have a 3.5mm bullet connector on the motor, the 10BL60 sensorless esc has 4mm bullet connections so You would have to make adapters or solder on the same bullet connector on the esc or the motor.

I would just get the Max10 (60A sensorless) to go with the 3652 SL motor since it is the best fit. I use the combo in my rustler 2wd (4000kv motor) and it works great. The max10 has 3.5mm bullets for the motor so its a direct fit. If you get the 10BL60 then you would have to do some soldering to make it work.

Also to note, the Max10 and Max10 SCT are discontinued so it might be hard to find. (They were discontinued around last November, before they came out with the G2 combos which are higher amp escs and sensored motors)

should not be a problem, I've ran many different brands of motors with the 10BL60 in the past, I believe it supports both sensored and sensorless motors which are selectable in the programming card settings.

It's not clear which 3652 motor you are interested in getting, but either way, sensored or sensorless you should be fine.

PXL_20221130_210936620.jpg

Hi guys

Sorry for the noob question here, but I know very little about Hobbywing and their ESC's.

I've gotten hands on a EzRun 3652 motor and is looking for an ESC to use it with. I've been offered a Hobbywing 10BL60 without sensor, but everywhere I look, they say you should combine the 3652 with a Max10 ESC, and the 10BL60 with the Quicrun range of motors. It seems odd to me if they can't be combined, but I just want to double check before purchasing the ESC.

Does anyone know?
I use the WP-10BL60 version of that ESC, and, through trial and error, mostly error, I learned the hard way to stay under 4500KV on 2S, and 3200KV on 3S, and no bigger than a 3655 motor.

Back