Exhaust options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joebegsmaxx2.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a pipe like this or know anything at all about it. I looks really cool but I am wondering if that is literally all it is is cool looking with no actual functionality or performance gains.

Screenshot_20211208-080230_eBay.jpg

Seen them years ago. Header looks a lil short befote the bend, and the exhaust has a longer travel through the pipe.

Keep in mind, if for a tmaxx, the engine is high so the pipe has a bend so it may look goofy mounted up high.

Years ago ths and another brand were upthere with pipes.
No idea, but is that a glasspack? 😜
🤣🤣

No idea, but is that a glasspack? 😜
I'm there with ya. For 40 bucks I might try it out. He is calling it a show pipe
Well if that's a no go what would be my best choice set up? I've heard of a couple like THS and Ritter Cycles. Ths is sold out everywhere and I'm not completely sold on ritters carbon fiber one

Last edited:
I don't think they have any performance benefits, if anything the opposite. As I recall they were supposed to make it quieter, and add some bling.

I don't think they have any performance benefits, if anything the opposite. As I recall they were supposed to make it quieter, and add some bling.
Ohhhhh I hear ya. They look sweet though. I've been looking everywhere for an exact fit one but from what you're saying I should be looking for something else
I want the best all around exhaust pipe. Low/mid/high

Last edited:
Yeah, THS are the best for 1/10 scales, they really wake those engines up. Seems like they have a manufacturing/supply issue as of late.

Yeah, THS are the best for 1/10 scales, they really wake those engines up. Seems like they have a manufacturing/supply issue as of late.
Yea I noticed. That was the first pipe I went to, but I can't find one nationwide

If I had to guess its probably not good for performance but it does look kinda cool.

If I had to guess its probably not good for performance but it does look kinda cool.
Well I can't seem to find any pipes that in stock other than a few traxxas pipe

I Miss cvec

Wish I could find some

Has anyone ever seen a pipe like this or know anything at all about it. I looks really cool but I am wondering if that is literally all it is is cool looking with no actual functionality or performance gains.

View attachment 138720
Yeah that is basically a show pipe. It's not a tuned pipe. What engine your running. The rear exhaust isn't a tuned set up either. Unless you plug off one of the tips. And re tune engine.

Yeah that is basically a show pipe. It's not a tuned pipe. What engine your running. The rear exhaust isn't a tuned set up either. Unless you plug off one of the tips. And re tune engine.
I'm running the trx 2.5

I run the 2.5 and the 3.3. Which are both basically the same engines. So have you looked into THS racing? This is what's on my 2.5. And I'm running the resonator on my 3.3. You can also run the res on the 2.5. Here there store in the link

https://thsracing.com/shop/ols/categories/traxxas-exhaust-systems

View attachment 138756
Which exhaust you run now? The vlack plastic one
Yea I'm on the stock plastic one. THS is out of stock on all there pipes with no eta they say. I just bought a brand new 3.3 without the carb, flywheel or clutch bell. Going with the Losi 3.4 carb and maybe some how the stock revo exhaust if that's possible, haven't really looked into it yet

Buku is making tuned pipes for small blocks - says "in production". https://www.bukupower.com/Pipes.aspx

Their adjustable clutches are intriguing.
Thats the name I coundnt remember. Been a minute since I've seen that brand.
Even if the site says out of stock, ebay and hobby shops may have it.

Interested in hearing about the 3.4 carb as I'm thinking hard on it, more importantly on how the 2 needles are off.

Yea I'm on the stock plastic one. THS is out of stock on all there pipes with no eta they say. I just bought a brand new 3.3 without the carb, flywheel or clutch bell. Going with the Losi 3.4 carb and maybe some how the stock revo exhaust if that's possible, haven't really looked into it yet
The resonator pipe will work..But
if your going to put the 3.3 into the 2.5 truck? There's a couple things to watch out for bud.. First change the slipper clutch to the 3.3 slipper clutch. The one from the revo or Tmaxx same one. Much better then the plate slipper clutch of the 2.5. Also you should keep you spur gear plastic. If you run metal you will rip your tranns apart. Spur gears are plastic for a reason. The drive train of the 2.5 really wasn't designed to run the 3.3.. which has more low end tourqe then the 2.5. You can run it but keep a eye on your axles and center shafts and your diffs. Or upgrade them to CVD's. You can also fit the 3.3 diffs in the new 2.5 grey bulk heads. Not in the black ones.. the tranns might not like the tourqe of the 3.3 either. Just a heads up. You could get better gears then the plastic ones in the 2.5 tranns.. got any questions don't hesitate to ask.. hope it works out for ya.. one more thing what type of fuel are you using?? 👍👍