Exceed rc quality

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farm boy 530

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was wondering if everything Exceed rc makes is junky, or just there $150 lineup? Some of they're more expensive cars look decent but would be surprised if quality materials were used! Lets here from some guys who have purchased something from they're "higher line". I'll start with my $150 Forza though. Easy to break in, not fully tuned yet however runs really well. Starts easy and seems very responsive. Also fairly powerful. Plastics and metals seem cheep and screws seem to fall out a bit. I'm still figuring out what I need to locktight. All in all fun, and worth the approx. $150 + shipping for a learning car. So have at it guys, if you have purchased from them or just have an opinion lets hear it. :cheers:

My first car was a mad beast 1/8 scale and it was a good learner but you can't parts so I junked it. There rc are ok and if you could buy parts for them at your lhs it would prob be ok but waiting 2 weeks to get a part sucks. Expecially when you get the part and get it running just to have another part break. I don't recommend buying one just for that and would recommend sticking with a car your lhs shop carries parts for IMO.

Great info! Since I'm so busy during the week I don't get to lhs often. But it is a pain when its breaking all the time.... Keep the feedback coming!

Plastics and metals seem cheep and screws seem to fall out a bit.

There is a reason Exceed RC cars are cheap. Because they are not good quality. Have you ever heard the line.."You get what you pay for". Just like Bama said above me, a bad thing about Exceed is that they have terrible parts support. I don't think any hobby shop on the planet carries any Exceed parts. For an extra 50 or 100 dollars, you can get a Traxxas, Team Associated, Team Losi, or an HPI car. Those are the best and most recommended brands and almost every single hobby shop carries parts for them.

There is a reason Exceed RC cars are cheap. Because they are not good quality. Have you ever heard the line.."You get what you pay for". Just like Bama said above me, a bad thing about Exceed is that they have terrible parts support. I don't think any hobby shop on the planet carries any Exceed parts. For an extra 50 or 100 dollars, you can get a Traxxas, Team Associated, Team Losi, or an HPI car. Those are the best and most recommended brands and almost every single hobby shop carries parts for them.

I would have to agree, if you can spend the extra 50-100 on a good name brand, then I would say to go that route. Most lhs carry Traxxas, HPI, Losi, so very little waiting around for parts. You will probably have less down time from broken parts as well.

Jeabajuice, have you ever owned an Exceed before?

No but 90% of rc car hobbyists would agree with me. I guess if you don't have the money to buy products from major brands, it's okay, but I just don't think it's wort it. With all the money you would be spending to get parts, you could just get a major brand and spend less money all together.

Last edited:
I was really wondering about they're "upper end" model stuff. I know the company has a bad rap, and the "no parts support" is understood...Being said I'd still love to hear from some people who have purchased one of they're more expensive nitros. With my Forza I am pleased for the price, though I can't wait to upgrade to a better company!

The mad beast I had was one of the nicer nitros at the time but that was 5 years ago do I'm not sure what they got out now. It was decent in quality but like you said and I said earlier parts support sucked. IMO the top of the line is about equal to traxxas bottom of the line with no parts support.

gt2

gt2 is a good one but i would recommend replacing the front sub-chassis and bulkhead(7892,7893) with alloy. just beacause the first time i flipped it i broke both those parts and at the time i couldnt find replacement parts so i had to make my own one piece chassis. other then those two parts breaking been no problems.

does anyone know why they even made the chassis in two parts instead of one like the first gt10?

i have an exceed madstorm that i havent took out of the box, i bought it for 50 bux from a guy needing money, its still new, i know nothing about the brand, so now I'm affraid to get mine out, i may take the engine,electronics,wheels and tires off it and junk it......LOL

Too bad none of those parts will be any good to use on another brand.

Yea for 50 bucks i would run it till it died or completly broke beyond repair lol.

the Engine and electronics, i can use on any of mine if i had too

you probly wouldnt want to use their cheap parts on anything that is worth buying a better brand for. it might fry your reciever or something... l.o.l... but yeah I would beat it till it wouldnt move and then maybe see if you can replace with name brand parts or if you can't then I woud say use it for a monster jam set up and run it over!!! over and over again

just my .02

^^like mtaylortank said, prob not worth putting on another car unless your trying to limp along a bit. But if it runs well then why the heck not?? every part is worth gold until it breaks or falls off!!!

Back