Ever try these?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I'm looking for a set for my Stampede 4x4, has anybody ever tried these?

tires.jpg

I bought a set for my Kraton 8S cuz Tower had them on sale for 25% off but I have yet to use them. So far I'm really liking the Hachet Xs I have on it atm. If you get em let us know what you think. They look like good tires and so far the 3 sets of Duratrax tires I've used have all been pretty good.

20210815_170430.jpg

Can't say for that exact tire, but I've been using the lockup X on my K8s for awhile now. I've been loving them. Amazing Offroad grip. Seems like a softer tire than the stock so I try to avoid pavement as much as possible.

If I can judge a brand by one set I'd say I would recommend duratrax.

Have the short course version for my Slash 2ws, and I'm very happy with them. Good tread pattern, grippy rubber compound, and supportive inserts. Didn't put a lot of wheel time on them, but I have run them a decent amount of time on pavement, and the treads are still in great condition.

I did make a review for it a while back (skip to 1:50 of the video to see how it does on different terrain):

Have the short course version for my Slash 2ws, and I'm very happy with them. Good tread pattern, grippy rubber compound, and supportive inserts. Didn't put a lot of wheel time on them, but I have run them a decent amount of time on pavement, and the treads are still in great condition.

I did make a review for it a while back (skip to 1:50 of the video to see how it does on different terrain):

Way to answer a question young man! Great vid!

Good info Stoner, thanks.
What you thinking of putting them on??
They really don't do so well on pavement..IMO
Oh yeah the pede will do well with them in dirt.. they're almost like the badlands from Proline . But much lighter

Attachments

• 20210324_182841.jpg
    20210324_182841.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210512_153926.jpg
    20210512_153926.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Yes, they are going on my Stampede 4x4 and I don't run on pavement. Usually sand dunes or mixed hard and soft dirt at a motorcycle park.
I'm definitely going to buy a set next week.

Yes, they are going on my Stampede 4x4 and I don't run on pavement. Usually sand dunes or mixed hard and soft dirt at a motorcycle park.
I'm definitely going to buy a set next week.
Yeah you will like them in that type of terrain... should get paddles for the sand dunes..

The six packs are a lot like the Badlands. Heres a good comparison review of the six packs vs the badlands MX43s. Skip to about 6:15 for the actual review if you dont want to watch the running vid.

The six packs are a lot like the Badlands. Heres a good comparison review of the six packs vs the badlands MX43s. Skip to about 6:15 for the actual review if you dont want to watch the running vid.

They look a lot like Badlands. And I wish the field we ran in looked like that. Ours has a lot denser grass and the badland plus grass equals an axle killer.

They look a lot like Badlands. And I wish the field we ran in looked like that. Ours has a lot denser grass and the badland plus grass equals an axle killer.
Badlands have some gnarly traction. Theyre really only meant for really loose surfaces. I have a pair of Losi Super Bolt Ons that are the same way.

Yeah you will like them in that type of terrain... should get paddles for the sand dunes..
I have paddles for my baja 5b, they work well but you have to be careful sometime. It digs easy.. ;)

I've got a set of Hatchets that I've used at times on my TMaxx's, they are pretty decent.

I can't do anything until payday next week but I have a set in my wish list.