Ever get your plane stuck in a tree?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Well I did yesterday…..

It was a series of small mistakes, the snowball effect if you will; and yeah, must of been somewhere around 40’ in a tree.

I went home gathered a bunch of crap, 2 sections of 10’ plastic pipe, I unscrewed rake handles, took the wife’s tomatoe stakes and copious amounts of duct tape. I rigged all this together and was able to stand it up and carefully get it in position. I was close and had to lift this whole shaky mess up, and was able to wiggle it close enough (with the help of some branches) I got behind the wing and flung it out. Still can’t believe it.
Minor damage to the plane, I’ll need to glue a decorative exhaust piece back on, also bent the prop, and the battery drained.
Got my plane back and learned a lot.

Yes.

It was a windy day, so I waited until the next day to see if it would get dislodged. It did! Only minor damages.

Yes indeed but luckily I could reach the bottom limb and was able to shake it loose.
No damage other than my pride.

I’ve gotten heli’s stuck in trees but a few throttle blips and down they come. Usually… just don’t crash on the neighbors roof! That could be embarrassing!! 🤣
I once had my same plane, that got stuck into the tree, crashed landed on a lower tier roof of the town elementary school.
Luckily, there was a tall delivery truck parked against the wall that led up to the roof. School wasn't in session. So, I climbed onto the hood of the truck, onto the roof of cab, onto the roof of the cargo bay, and onto the roof. Salvaged this poor plane once again. Only cosmetic damages.
0220210832_Burst01.jpg

I got my drone stuck is a tree once. A teenager with a football got it down. He hit the branches around it and sure enough it came down. No damage at all. So lucky.

I haven't seen a plane heli or drone get stuck. Prob because in my area, flying RCs isn't that popular, as it's mostly cars or surface vehicles.

But I seen some rc cars get stuck in trees. Lol

I got my plane stuck in a tree, it's a rite of passage. ;) I broke my tailbone jumping back out of the tree, landed on wet grass and my feet shot out from under me, and wham right on my tailbone and smacked my head on the tree trunk. I don't climb trees anymore. 🤣

I got my plane stuck in a tree, it's a rite of passage. ;) I broke my tailbone jumping back out of the tree, landed on wet grass and my feet shot out from under me, and wham right on my tailbone and smacked my head on the tree trunk. I don't climb trees anymore. 🤣
This explains soooo much!

some good 100 lb braid fishing line and a tennis ball just like water retrieval
My first thought was to pull out the fishing pole. I like the idea of the tennis ball!! NICE!
I once had my same plane, that got stuck into the tree, crashed landed on a lower tier roof of the town elementary school.
Luckily, there was a tall delivery truck parked against the wall that led up to the roof. School wasn't in session. So, I climbed onto the hood of the truck, onto the roof of cab, onto the roof of the cargo bay, and onto the roof. Salvaged this poor plane once again. Only cosmetic damages.
View attachment 170948
Mine was also stuck on school property. Unfortunately there was no delivery truck parked underneath the tree

Back