esc or reciever damaged

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuster

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Being new to electric I'm totally lost with what happened today. Running my buggy wit a complete hobbywing setup everything stop after about 7 minutes on completely charged 4s lipo, first thoughts was termal shutdown which I've been reading about so I've been working to get my temps down went from a 16t cb to a 18t yesterday. No big temp drop still running around 160 lhs informed its probaly due to size of my track which is small. OK I turned everthing off, disconnected battery and scene I still had plenty charge and my temps was the same at 163 as usual. Hooked up a different battery checked all the functions and everythingwas back working but after bout 3 minutes of sitting still or pulling off but keeping buggy close to me eveverything shuts down again but sometime the trottle will work but seems to hang up a lil when I let off but steering all out turns left and wont move again noticed the servo seems to be shaking a lil. Is it a way to diagnosis this without going out buying servo reciever or esc and its just one problem that needs addressing. Forgot to mention dont think it was hard but buggy did hit one of my stakes holding my tubes around the track actually hit hard enough to turn buggy around after impact.

Try exchanging the steering servo and esc positions on the RX and see if the same thing happens.

I had an issue similat to this on my Tekin. It ended up being the radio, but to find out I had to take it to my LHS, and have them use a servo and new rx/tx to test it. They didnt charge me since I do a decent amount of business with them. It ended up being my tx that was the issue. Used a new tx and now everything is kosher.

Thanks guys I'm sitting here now pacing waiting on my lhs to open. Hate breakdowns on the weekend its the only real time I have to run.

ESC guys any replacement ideas wish I could say no budget but currently putting together another e buggy so dont wanna break the bank, lol at the same dnt want a couple monthes of running and its done, the motor is a hobbywing 2700 kv on a xray 808

ESC guys any replacement ideas wish I could say no budget but currently putting together another e buggy so dont wanna break the bank, lol at the same dnt want a couple monthes of running and its done, the motor is a hobbywing 2700 kv on a xray 808

If you can afford it get a Tekin RX8. And if you cannot afford new get a used one, tekin products are one of the few electronic RC related items I would buy used.

Back