ESC/Lipo C Rating HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziugas1998

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello.

I have HPI Sprint 2 Sport (Brushed Motor), right now I am running on NiMh 4000mAh 7.4V batteries. For upgrade, I bought LiPo 2S (7.4V) 7500mAh 90C Rate battery (Link here).

Manual says that ESC is capable of 2S, but this battery has really high C rate. Will a new battery cause any damage for ESC/Motor?

The milliamp hour rating is the amount of time you're going to be able to run. The voltage is what the car runs on. You will be just fine using that battery. The C rating is how much amperage the battery is able to supply

The milliamp hour rating is the amount of time you're going to be able to run. The voltage is what the car runs on. You will be just fine using that battery. The C rating is how much amperage the battery is able to supply

Thanks! But what does it mean "60A ESC"?

It means that they ESC will deliver 60 amps to the motor. You also have another C rating on the battery that is the charge rating. That lets you know what rate you can charge the battery at. A1C rating means that you have to charge at 1 amp for every thousand milliamp. That means that the battery you have you can charge at 7.5 amps. If it has a 3c charge rating you can charge at 22.5 apps.

Last edited:
It means that they ESC will deliver 60 amps to the motor. You also have another C rating on the battery that is the charge rating. That lets you know what rate you can charge the battery at. A1C rating means that you have to charge at 1 amp for every thousand milliamp. That means that the battery you have you can charge at 7.5 amps. If it has a 3c charge rating you can charge at 22.5 apps.

But my battery is 7500mah 90C which means a maximum 675A of power? Am I right? Won't it burn my ESC+Brushed Motor which can handle only 60A?

But my battery is 7500mah 90C which means a maximum 675A of power? Am I right? Won't it burn my ESC+Brushed Motor which can handle only 60A?
No. The esc will only use what it needs. The higher C rating the better usually, as the battery will be far more capable than you will ever need which means you won't stress the battery.

Odds are, the pack your looking at isn't really 90C constant. Pretty sure the highest on the market is really around 50C constant. Most of us usually buy something that is labeled with at least 50C, then we are getting a battery that is really capable of at least 30C.

EDIT:
For the life of me, I can't find the site where they load tested many brands/c ratings of batteries and listed all the results. FWIW, max amps were the most expensive didn't perform that well.

Last edited:
Back