ESC Instantly Overheating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anixan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am fairly new to the RC world and I am trying to pull together an RX buggy with the components listed below. I have soldered the ESC and Motor together as required in the instructions and when I connect the battery to test it with a receiver and remote to see if the motor turns nothing happens, the wheels turn but the motor doesn't spin.

Instead, if I leave it 30sec to a min the ESC gets incredibly hot to the point where it will burn to the touch and it cuts out. I am not sure why this is happening but would love some help/guidance.

Components used:

- TrackStar 21.5T "Out Law" Sensored Brushless Motor V2
- Turnigy 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase pack (ROAR APPROVED)
- TrackStar Sportsman 60A 1/10th Scale Sensored Brushless Car ESC (ROAR APPROVED)

Thanks for the support

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the RC world and I am trying to pull together an RX buggy with the components listed below. I have soldered the ESC and Motor together as required in the instructions and when I connect the battery to test it with a receiver and remote to see if the motor turns nothing happens, the wheels turn but the motor doesn't spin.

Instead, if I leave it 30sec to a min the ESC gets incredibly hot to the point where it will burn to the touch and it cuts out. I am not sure why this is happening but would love some help/guidance.

Components used:

- TrackStar 21.5T "Out Law" Sensored Brushless Motor V2
- Turnigy 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase pack (ROAR APPROVED)
- TrackStar Sportsman 60A 1/10th Scale Sensored Brushless Car ESC (ROAR APPROVED)

Thanks for the support

The motor could be bad or something is jamming on it stressing out the load on the ESC ,
check for gear mesh ,take motor out an hold it by hand an run it to see if heats up ,if it
dont heat up while out of the car ,then your gear mesh was too tight ,if it heats up still ,
then maybe a faulty motor or bad seized motor bearing due to bent motor mount!.. :thumbs-up:

check all solder joints. Might have melted solder in esc also.. so did you calibrate esc or this is just . a turn on test?

Sounds like something is shorting out. make sure you dont have any wire or solder where it shouldnt be. The Trakstar brand doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation either so could just be defective.

Back