Error401 - Another Standup member!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well - Chalk another name on the list of wonderful people. Error401.

In case anyone missed it - Error tried to get a 'get NA a home computer fund' going a while back. It didnt do so well, lol. So he took it upon himself to offer me a deal. I give him a new synth rcvr for his radio, and he will give me a used laptop he had laying around. Sounded like a deal for me!

Well, I shipped him his rcvr about a week ago, and he shipped my laptop about the same time. It arrived today.

Now - before we go any further, let me tell you what i expected. Not much. I mean, for a 70.00 receiver, what could i expect? But i figured hey, if it will work for RCNT, thats good enough for me.

Now lets talk about what arrived in the mail. A Toshiba Satellite 2535CDS still in the original packaging, with all the original documentation. It is a 300mhz P2, 32m ram, cd rom. Thing looks almost brand new! He even charged the batteries, included a wall adapter, and a really nice carrying case. This is far above my expectations.

Thank you so much, Whitt.

Just goes to show what a top notch, stand up crowd we have here, at RCNT.

- Anthony

Error,
Your not invited to my house anymore. I'm glad you sent him my old laptop. I thought something was missing..:jester:

I'm glad to hear about members treating each other well. Error is a credit to this forum and any one who knows him.

Good Job.

Eddy - once again, u crack me up. Alas - poor souls of RCNT - u now have NA able to post in the evenings and weekends too. Now no one is safe.

Now this means you need to install AIM so you can talk to the other members directly. :)

all in due time, lol. I am going to be running off a 56K connection, so it will take a while to DL the stuff i want. i am going to try and get online at home this evening, but we will play it by ear.

Hey error! just want to say thanks for making NA's day! glad you were able to help him out! knowing NA personally I know this really means alot to him, Thanks again!

For sure a great laptop for surfing, email and word proccesing.

I would just kick the ram up a bit.

sLY

Na i expect you to pull an rcnt all nighter when you get you internet working lol hope u have fun with it

Sly - that model takes edo chips and was prohibitively expensive to upgrade the memory. It is a good laptop for surfing, word proc, and a few other apps, so I considered it a good trade. At least it will be getting some use now.

NA - No prob, and thanks to you also. Now RCNT won't have any slack time in posts on the weekends.

Yep, I'm with you Nitroaddict . Error has done nothing but help me out !! Keep up the great work man!!

well here i am!!! all hooked up home, and online!

Ah, so that's the reason NA is only online when he's at work.

scary thought, eh eddy?

Great job Whitt...now we'll never get any peace and quiet around here...:D

Just doin my part to stir up the entropy.

order -> chaos

See aint that just too easy?

And also remember, there's more order in chaos, than order in itself.

Great...now he goes and spouts chaos theory...I think I'm gonna be ill...

Damn NA... you mean you HAVEN'T been posting 24-7?

I got a fifteen year old who can write you some serious post bots.

(I didn't say that, WoodiE...)

Back