Engines !!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TINY_MAXX

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does any one know if the following engines will fit in a T-MAXX !
osmg2034.jpg
osmg2051-01a.jpg

The top one will and is fairly popular. The bottom one looks like it should, but note that there is no pull start attached...that means it is a bumpstart engine. Find the same one with pull start and you'll be much happier.

It is a means of starting the engine by driving the flywheel. It is usually used on airplane engines but has been adapted for use on car mounted engines.

So it is like a Box starter ??? It spins the engine for you just like an ez-start.

Now you've got it.

Do you know any other engines that will fit in a T-maxx and run really well !!??!!

I run a Fantom .15FR. Sweet motor. Minor mods to the engine (as with any engine you buy) and drop in and go. Picco makes a couple. Megatech (not my recommendation but they make one) makes one or two.

For your money, stick with the OSes you were looking at or give the Fatom a try.

Last edited:
i ran the os 15 cvx and its a great engien if you dont want to fool around with needle settings all day to get it to run right, it may need a better cooling head but thats about it, befor i went .21 i got 11 gallons thrue mine befor i rebuilt it.

the 15 cvx also needs a crank cut but thats about it. it is a very reliable engine and will start every time

If your going to put in a new engine Ill put my vote in for the Fantom.

F15RPS.jpg
So that will fit in the maxx !! What mods do i have to do to get it in right !!??!!

well my trx .15 pro is still running good i have a MIP stinger pipe and 180 header on it so it does have some good power for now !!

You will need to cut the output shaft until about three threads are showing. You will need to get longer header screws, as the stock ones are about 1/8 inch too short. You will need to get a stock collet to use for the flywheel as most aftermarket collets are not going to work on the output shaft. Other than those mods (which you would have to make with just about every engine out there), you should be good to go.

Others will recommend using either the OS rotary carb or TRX Pro .15 rotary carb in place of the Fantom carb. I can not vouch for that mod as my Fantom carb works just fine.

You could put alot of motors on your maxx just some require more modifacations than others. I would go with the OS but sometimes you might see that the pull starter is rather large and will be a tight fit. You could also go with the HPI .15ss or if you can find an HPI evolution.

:bandit:

I have the fantom and I have spent a decent amount of time tring to get it to idle properly it runs good and hauls balls but it does have a super picky carb. I may be tring the carb swap in the future. Still the motor has a lot of go juice. Lastly all this stuff about this excellent Customer Service. I haven't seen it. I sent an email over a week and a half ago still no reply also I tryed calling twice got machine both times. Lastly the parts are tough to find and EXPENSIVE. Anyway that my two cents on the Fantom I also have a OS in my GT and it was a brezze to tune but you will pay for the OS for sure. X

Almost forgot you want a motor that has some serious juice the 2.5 can put the stink down that puppy hauls balls. When my Fantom is running very warm it acts like a 2.5 running at 225. If the 2.5 is reliable that will be my next motor in the T-Maxx. X

Back