Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhysham6603

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I desperately need help please please help!!!!
I recently got a hpi racing firestorm from my dads have never touched a nitro car in my life after a long struggle I managed to get it running today how ever it was running like ass I still loved it how ever I have spent hours trying to figure out how to adjust the carb to the right places how to get the brakes to work or for it to anything right it cuts out all the time due to wrong tuning I also need help on the control it has many diffrent buttons on it and I don’t know what any of them do and I switched one and the car tryed to run away and reved a lot PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 53
Do you know how much your dad has ran it?
The best thing to do ,is to find the engine manual on that engine ,if you
can't find it ,then you can go online an get one!
That is a small block engine ,so it doesn't take much fuel to run it ,however ,
it is good to know the history of how much fuel has been ran in it ,because
new ,the engines have to go through a break-in process in which the carb settings
are set from factory very rich ,an then after break-in ,the needle settings need to be
tuned in to a more refined leaner setting!
Also ,you would need a fresh glow plug ,the glow plug is what ignites the fuel ,
so check your glow plug on the igniter an make sure that it glows a bright orange!..:cool:

remote is old AM radio . the switch's are to reverse throttle and steering servo from normal to reverse.and vise versa.under the D/R letters. the other side the am crystal channel 3.. the manuals are fowund online..check as cd has said..

Back