Engine wont stay running!?!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroSCX10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi I have a engine that runs and idles but only for a minute and dies randomly and when i put my thumb over the carb and spin the engine it does not suck in my thumb what does this mean!!?!?

Hi I have a engine that runs and idles but only for a minute and dies randomly and when i put my thumb over the carb and spin the engine it does not suck in my thumb what does this mean!!?!?

Your engine is probably gone ,meaning it has no more compression!
That's typical for an engine that is wore out to start an run for a minute an die
after it heats up.

Your engine is probably gone ,meaning it has no more compression!
That's typical for an engine that is wore out to start an run for a minute an die
after it heats up.
yes but i looked at the cylinder and piston and they look fine. it was running perfect when put away but when i pulled it out 2 years later it wont stay running could this be an air leak from a barring?

yes but i looked at the cylinder and piston and they look fine. it was running perfect when put away but when i pulled it out 2 years later it wont stay running could this be an air leak from a barring?

The carb. & tank may need a good cleaning ,I would start there first!
It doesn't take much for them to get gunked up an clogged ,the tank should have an
enteral filter in it ,they will clog up easy ,I wash mine out with very hot soapy water with several
rinses & a good hard shaking ,open lid an dry it out ,rerinse with fuel!
The carb will have to be taken off an needles taken out an cleaned ,take notes on the carb settings by
counting the turns in an write the settings down.
Try that!...:cool:

Back