Engine treatment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Applianceguy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello everyone is there a oil treatment other than after run oil similar to slick 50 that adds a tethlon coating to cylinder walls and adds compression? And prevent over heating ?

Hello everyone is there a oil treatment other than after run oil similar to slick 50 that adds a tethlon coating to cylinder walls and adds compression? And prevent over heating ?
no not really, you can get these pistons and sleeves re-pinched though. typically around 25-40$ for the service, Rayaracing.com is the one i hear about the most. as far as overheating, that is because your engine is running whats called lean (not enough fuel, therefore not enough oil.) it may be the tune in need of adjusting, or you could have air leaks in the engine or fuel delivery system.

no not really, you can get these pistons and sleeves re-pinched though. typically around 25-40$ for the service, Rayaracing.com is the one i hear about the most. as far as overheating, that is because your engine is running whats called lean (not enough fuel, therefore not enough oil.) it may be the tune in need of adjusting, or you could have air leaks in the engine or fuel delivery system.
and i am a bit mistaken, over-gearing and extreme under-gearing can cause these engines to overheat as well

and i am a bit mistaken, over-gearing and extreme under-gearing can cause these engines to overheat as well
Ty for responding I'm going back to the plastic spur gear as well and instead of friction pins I'm going to try a friction pad and replace the spur gear in my trans its toast lol i would like to know what the part number would be for metal gwars in the trans?

Ty for responding I'm going back to the plastic spur gear as well and instead of friction pins I'm going to try a friction pad and replace the spur gear in my trans its toast lol i would like to know what the part number would be for metal gwars in the trans?
what vehicle you working with? and RRP is the way to go for metal gears. they are a bit expensive though lol.