Engine swap choices for ECX Revenge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

09KneeDragger

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I'm thinking about upgrading the engine in my ECX Revenge and rebuilding the dynamite .21 sport that came on the car.. I'm looking at 2 different engines and wanted to get a general opinion on which engine might work better.. I'm looking for a good mix of low range torque with a good top end power as well.. I'm going for a on road off road buggy.. The engines I'm looking in to are the Dynamite Mach 2 .26
DYN0990_a0?wid=1400&hei=778.jpg

Also I'm looking at the Dynamite Mach 2 Big Red .28
DYN0992_a0?wid=1400&hei=778.jpg

don't think I need to go that big lol would be fun.. Just looking for a decent fresh engine that would offer decent power while I rebuild the .21..

So I'm thinking about upgrading the engine in my ECX Revenge and rebuilding the dynamite .21 sport that came on the car.. I'm looking at 2 different engines and wanted to get a general opinion on which engine might work better.. I'm looking for a good mix of low range torque with a good top end power as well.. I'm going for a on road off road buggy.. The engines I'm looking in to are the Dynamite Mach 2 .26
DYN0990_a0?wid=1400&hei=778.jpg

Also I'm looking at the Dynamite Mach 2 Big Red .28
DYN0992_a0?wid=1400&hei=778.jpg
Both are great engines if your truck is 10th scale i would run .26 .28 if 8th scale i have an old mach .26 and it rips in my 8th scale losi lst

Why don't you go for a 30 or a 32 size motor?
Rite ! Go all out.

yea its a 1/8 scale but I'm looking for a engine that will have a good low end torque but still have top end power.. I'm use to dealing with gas engines I know these little guys arn't too different and there is no replacement for displacement lol.. I'm not looking to spend more then 180.00 on a basher engine...

I just bought the lrp .32......179.00....monster.tower hobbys.I'm way impressed .only prob is its a pain to tune with a cold plug but with a med or higher its nice and stable.and it has a very nice crackle.it makes me giggle.i would recomend it

Lots of torque

4.34 rated hp with r5 plug and 25 percent nitro

the LRP .32 looks like a good engine.. with these nitro engines the higher the rpm the better or lower rpm better? right now the .21 sport I have like the #8 plug with 20% runs around 230 degrees but I got the car used and the engine is starting to show ware so I was gonna do a rebuild but want a strong engine that will last so I can use the .21 sport as a back up.. Thanks Diesel3077.. any other good engines anyone have experience with?

the LRP .32 looks like a good engine.. with these nitro engines the higher the rpm the better or lower rpm better? right now the .21 sport I have like the #8 plug with 20% runs around 230 degrees but I got the car used and the engine is starting to show ware so I was gonna do a rebuild but want a strong engine that will last so I can use the .21 sport as a back up.. Thanks Diesel3077.. any other good engines anyone have experience with?

In my opinion,the 32 is over kill for a buggy,especially for a lower budget one.
I wouldn't recommend anything over a 28 size,an there is some good lower
budget ones out there that are easy to tune an reliable.
My all time favorite is the AE. 28,piccos',or ofna engines.

A LRP28 Spec 3 is a nice engine. I've been running them for quite a few years. It will easily out run and outperform both of the ones your looking at. I currently have one in my savage, revo and 1/8 buggy. Way too much engine for the buggy, but geared kind of tall, it will really wear the tires out. I've run many gallons of fuel through these engines and the only issue they have is the break-in can be rough. Heating them up to 200F before starting is a must for the first 1/2 gallon and makes life easier even heating after you get a gallon or so through them. By 2 gallons, they start pretty easy if it's 70F+ out. If it's cooler than that, they do not like starting, so I usually put them on the floor of my car and let the heater warm them up to 80F or so, then they fire right up.

I've had an OFNA/Picco 28 in a box for about 4 years... bought it as a knee jerk off a guy on this forum I think. Brand new... some day I'll buy something to put it in, but I really like the LRP's.