Engine Replacement for HPI Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadfoot567

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello everybody,
I was thinking about using a LRP big block .28, .30, .32 nitro engine for my next mill swap. O.S. Engines are my favorite, but their really expensive. My buddy had really bad luck the Dynamite "Big Red" .28 engine. Couldn't hold a needle setting, pull start broke all the time. I'm just looking for a torque monster. Top speed isn't really a concern. But it's gotta have a pull start. Because you can't use a started box with the Savage. I've tried the roto start systems. Their ok, but I prefer a pull start. Because I can get a true feel for engine flooding. I don't know anyone who's run any LRP engines. Need advise. Thanks.

I run 3 LRP28S3's. Big block revo, savage x and my old OFNA buggy. Great long lasting engine. Break in can be a bit tough, but after you get a gallon through it, it's a great engine. Takes about half a gallon for the tune to settle down, after 1 gallon, it becomes very stable and plenty of power/rpm's for my needs.