Engine replace

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at replacing my 3.3 in my tmaxx. What will be a good engine to replace it with

Thanks

Another 3.3 most likely. Not many drop in alternatives left. Might be able to find a dynamite 19 or the OS 21TM, but if you enjoyed the 3.3, use the engine replacement program with traxxas so your not spending $200+ on a cheap engine.

There's also this one, don't know anything about it though:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...at=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&_udlo=100&_udhi=500

There was also a tecnopower .26 drop in that I think came and went in the past 10 years.

Kind of stinks really. No more RB's, picco, novarossi drop ins...

Another 3.3 most likely. Not many drop in alternatives left. Might be able to find a dynamite 19 or the OS 21TM, but if you enjoyed the 3.3, use the engine replacement program with traxxas so your not spending $200+ on a cheap engine.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=traxxas engine&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&_udlo=100&_udhi=500

There was also a tecnopower .26 drop in that I think came and went in the past 10 years.

Thanks man really appreciate your response?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=traxxas engine&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&_udlo=100&_udhi=500

I put a OS21TM in mine and love it. Drops right in. They cost a little more but IMO they are worth it.

I put a OS21TM in mine and love it. Drops right in. They cost a little more but IMO they are worth it.
With the trade-in program, the 3.3 is a lot cheaper than the 21TM. The last time I bought a 3.3 NIB it was around $130 at a LHS for a pull-start version. Don't know when traxxas jacked the price to the moon on those things... $220... really?

I have a 21TM in one of my revo's as well. It is a great engine, just not sure it's $270+ great. It's definitely $50 better than the 3.3 if your paying $220 for the 3.3. But if your paying $130 for the 3.3 and your relatively happy with the 3.3... dealers choice I guess.

I'm glad I got mine in my revo. If I didn't, I would have converted it to a big block, even though I already have a big block revo. Would have just gone with a more tame .21 though vs the LR28 my other has, just so they were different and one was a bit more economical to run.

O.S Tm are still around and the best drop in, but pricey. Dynamite .19 is your best bet, cheaper than the Traxxas 3.3 and stronger.