Engine options for Kyosho inferno mp9

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitepony04

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a mp9 tki3 rtr with the ke21r engine. I’d like to go with something with a little more pep. Caveat: I wanna stay pull or Roto start. I just bash so I can’t justify buying starter box, batteries, flywheels, engine mounts. What’s a good upgrade from the stock motor with a pullstart available. I’ve looked at the lrp engines but don’t know if they will just blow my diffs out.

Try Mac engines, they are pretty good, Get the .28 one it is fabulous. Remember to seal it, it helps so much mate

If u go on to amain hobbies they have a novarossi s21 p5xlt engine and pipe combo for $175.00 can't beat that a nova engine and pipe n header. I know u don't wanna get a starter box but with that price on a nova u can buy a starter box for $75.00 or so and u will have
A new nova engine
Pipe n header
Starred box for $250.00 if u use their coupons $235 I believe

If u go on to amain hobbies they have a novarossi s21 p5xlt engine and pipe combo for $175.00 can't beat that a nova engine and pipe n header. I know u don't wanna get a starter box but with that price on a nova u can buy a starter box for $75.00 or so and u will have
A new nova engine
Pipe n header
Starred box for $250.00 if u use their coupons $235 I believe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180819-134614.png
    Screenshot_20180819-134614.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 177
I also looked and they have universal 1/8-1/10 scale starter boxes as low as $49.00
And a nova with a sealed back plate aka the starter box needed will b a more powerful higher revving engine for sure

I swapped my KE21R with a Rex (Novarossi) Paloma Limited, Novarossi 41001 manifold and Novarossi 9853 pipe - the thing rips. Bought a cheap Kyosho universal box. Won’t ever go back to pull start.

Edit: I used the stock engine mounts, clutch, and throttle linkage. It works beautifully, and I have a lot of plans to upgrade it further!

C4898182-68E0-4350-9DF4-0CBF382F4E7E.jpeg

Back