Engine not starting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurent James

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Now my engine doesn't even start.
Yes I heat up the engine.
Yes glow plug works.
yes tuned by a professional.
yes I tried tuning everything.

First: It worked but i forgot to turn on the esc so I turned the throttle a little by accident I throttle all the way and it shut down.
So...
And then it doesn't even start..

ESC?? I'm guessing you are talking about the receiver. I would start with putting everything back to factory on the HSN/LSN then start from there. If it still doesn't start, either flooded, the pinch is gone, or you need to turn the idle up some.

ESC?? I'm guessing you are talking about the receiver. I would start with putting everything back to factory on the HSN/LSN then start from there. If it still doesn't start, either flooded, the pinch is gone, or you need to turn the idle up some.
Still doesn't

It will be easier for me to answer this from a keyboard, vs a phone, lots to type. When I get home I will post, hang in there.

Yes glow plug works.

First: It worked but i forgot to turn on the esc so I turned the throttle a little by accident I throttle all the way and it shut down.
So...
Start here - Nitro Tuning Tips and Tuning Flow Chart

Yes glow plug works.

So...
posting a vid of trying to start may help to figure out the problem.
so you started the engine, gave the engine full throttle, it reved up and died, is that correct?
could be a few things, when you tried starting it afterwards, you had re-primed correct?
idle needle is set to have around 1mm of gap between widest point and inner diameter of the carb bore?

are you starting with a pull start, roto-start, or bump box?
while trying to start, are you getting raw fuel through the exhaust?
how old is the vehicle? could be air leaks in fuel lines.
could be more, just trying to narrow it down.