Engine Mounting : Unlevel An Issue?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was looking at the way m Nova .28 was mounted in my MSR, it was at an angle. The gear mesh seemd perfectly fine, although i was wondering if this angle could be a potential problem?

What kind of an angle are we talking about? A real noticable one, or only you can really see it? I would think you would want it mounted as close to parallel to the drive shaft angle as possible.

How can you be at an angle? Your Mount or the chassis bent?

Sounds like something is off. Either your mount or chassis, like jon said. You definitely want your clutch bell to be parallel to the spur.

You know on the prospec you can slide the mount, well one end is one place and the other is at another place. I will post a pic tommorow.

Yikes!!!!!!!

That's a big issue and can damage your engine You should always put your motor mounts on the engine first and set it on a flat surface to make sure .If your frame is a little tweek at the engine location then It will straghten that area out when it's bolted in BUT when the engine gets hot the crank case is fighting diagonal tension = friction=heat=stretched rods=cats and dogs living together:whistle:

Back