engine mods

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srad750c

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone out there who knows if is it better to breakin in a new piston and sleeve kit before you try to modify it or after you modify it? I read a really nice article on engine mods here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5226191/tm.htm so I worked on my crank while i had my engine apart. I think it came out pretty good. this is what it looks like after I got finished. Any suggestions? Right now it is very polished, does it need to roughend up any?

Attachments

• revo crank1.jpg
    revo crank1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 262
can you do me a favor and sum up all that RCU forum thing says. i got banned from RCU(long story)

you are useless, if you dont have any good info, stay off the site

well screw you too.

oh and ur the one asking for help

Amen to that. Go back to RCU!!!!
Attitude adjustment needed in Nitro section.

Sorry basher, unclear as usual. SRAD I meant.
You dont get questions answered by attacking the help.

ok just wanted to make sure i didn't screw up and not know it.

srad: seriously dude. that wasn't necessary. if you plan on acting like that you might as well go back to RCU. nobody will like you.

Unless he's familiar with you from over "THERE"
But either way it needn't be bought over to here. The comment seemed unnecessary and would stop someone like me from bothering to talk to him regardless.
Go Nitro.......

i dont think i know him form there. i was banned from there about febuary.

YOU GO NITRO!! what a jerk we don't need people like that here, this is suposed to be a fun place to be where you can get help and have a few laughs once in a while...

Hey Basher....see how this works for ya.

Photo020.jpg

Photo021.jpg

Photo022.jpg

Last edited:
see if he did that, we wouldnt be having this argumment.

LOL thanks. i guess we scared him away.

Srad: its ok to come back. we will give you a second chance. we are a fimly here not like on RCU. on RCU i would post a topic for help and then get 15 replys in like 2 minutes. when i moved here i was kinda sad that i wasn't getting replys instantly. but in the last couple of months we have been getting new members and replys pour in. so its the same here and on RCU.

Hey srad! that was not a nice thing to say, there was no reason of calling somebody useless. That was just rude...

LOL thanks. i guess we scared him away.

Srad: its ok to come back. we will give you a second chance. we are a fimly here not like on RCU. on RCU i would post a topic for help and then get 15 replys in like 2 minutes. when i moved here i was kinda sad that i wasn't getting replys instantly. but in the last couple of months we have been getting new members and replys pour in. so its the same here and on RCU.

LMAO Srad has been here longer than you have Basher, but he is not one to hang around much. He is a member of a few different sites I have been on.
Not sure what the hostility was for, some guys get ugly when you post on "their" thread, but in this case I really don't get it, I'm not sure he understood if he had summarized the article you could have helped him.

Srad
In case you read these posts: It is always better to Mod before using the sleeve. And "roughing up" a part is never a good idea when it comes to engines. And finally, the ultimate gain you can receive is 15% according to the article itself, that is if it is a perfect, best scenario job, so realistically let's say 1/2 of that in performance gains. So is it worth the risk of the bit jumping and gouging a big divot in the sleeve? I would suggest practicing on something else first if you decide the risks are acceptable to you.

Srad has been here longer than you have Basher

its not a matter of whos been here longer. he could have been here since the beggining of the site. hes still a RCNT Newbie. and his actions were not called for.

and hes only been here a monthe before me. and his 15 posts to my 330. i think I'm a more active member.

its not a matter of whos been here longer. he could have been here since the beggining of the site. hes still a RCNT Newbie. and his actions were not called for.

and hes only been here a monthe before me. and his 15 posts to my 330. i think I'm a more active member.

Wow, do you really think it matters who has more posts? It is the same thing as who has been here longer....
And my post was stating just what you said:

he is not one to hang around much = his 15 posts to my 330
Not sure what the hostility was for = his actions were not called for.
So not really understanding why you are uptight?

i come here for info, not kiddie games. I use all avalibe resources to get the info I need, I wont post info from other sites since it offends people. If you would not like me to ask for info I can surely leave. besides i dont sit on my computer waitin for replys, out playin and sometimes I experiment. being scared is 4 kids big boy. and besides u attacked me first so tell your winey friends to back off...i still luv you all anyway...hahaha

LMAO Srad has been here longer than you have Basher, but he is not one to hang around much. He is a member of a few different sites I have been on.
Not sure what the hostility was for, some guys get ugly when you post on "their" thread, but in this case I really don't get it, I'm not sure he understood if he had summarized the article you could have helped him.

Srad
In case you read these posts: It is always better to Mod before using the sleeve. And "roughing up" a part is never a good idea when it comes to engines. And finally, the ultimate gain you can receive is 15% according to the article itself, that is if it is a perfect, best scenario job, so realistically let's say 1/2 of that in performance gains. So is it worth the risk of the bit jumping and gouging a big divot in the sleeve? I would suggest practicing on something else first if you decide the risks are acceptable to you.

bad maxx thanks for the info. never modded an engine b4, i have a trx 3.3 to try it on. i have a backup, if it doesn't work will just get another one

Hey srad! that was not a nice thing to say, there was no reason of calling somebody useless. That was just rude...

=devilno time for finger pointing, but I asked for info not an insult. i think his first comment was rude myself. peace and love to everyone. no more evil post from me.

:bow: and i probably dont know as much as you thats why is as for info:boxing: i guess we are friends now? if not i still listen to advice from you and everyone else that seems to know what they are talking about:LoL:

Last edited: