Engine keeps stalling??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doosh

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys

I'm new to the nitro scene so some experienced help would be great!

My traxxas nitro sport starts quiet easily but after a few minutes it will shut off and be really hard to start it back up again... even if i just leave it on idle it will still shut up and be difficult to turn over again.. any ideas please??

You could be running a rich mixture. if so when you try to start ull feel more opposing pressure do to hydraulic like compression. go leaner, but on the flip if ur to lean ull notice a gain in the enfine temp and less smoke. if so stop and try tuning. if this doesn't help disasemble and look for signs of fuel or presure leaks. u can check presure by aligning cyl so u can see inlet port thru exhuast. cover ex or carb and blow into opposite. should be airtight.

I'm new to the nitro scene so some experienced help would be great!

My traxxas nitro sport starts quiet easily but after a few minutes it will shut off and be really hard to start it back up again... even if i just leave it on idle it will still shut up and be difficult to turn over again.. any ideas please??[/QUOTE]

First thing you want to do is seal the engine. Read the tuning tips and tricks sticky at the top of this forum. It explains sealing in detail. Then make sure the fuel and exhaust systems are sealed. Check the tank cap, fuel lines, and pipe coupler. Leave your needles where they're at since it runs.