Engine heat issues (Force .28)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I ran my OFNA Ravager yesterday and I richened it as much as I could without making it flood, it ended up reaching 270 degrees Fahrenheit! This engine has done this since it was first ran. It was 46 degrees Fahrenheit outside if that helps.

I ran my OFNA Ravager yesterday and I richened it as much as I could without making it flood, it ended up reaching 270 degrees Fahrenheit! This engine has done this since it was first ran. It was 46 degrees Fahrenheit outside if that helps.

But ,it seems that your engine would run erratic & unstable if there was an air leak ,if it is
still sounding good but it is only heating up ,then it could be something else ,like barometric
air or the humidity or not enough tank pressure ,any air leaks will cause the engine to Rev higher!..🤔

But ,it seems that your engine would run erratic & unstable if there was an air leak ,if it is
still sounding good but it is only heating up ,then it could be something else ,like barometric
air or the humidity or not enough tank pressure ,any air leaks will cause the engine to Rev higher!..🤔
It still sounds pretty normal, it just gets hot for some reason, I recently fixed a small air leak in the fuel tank, maybe that could still be causing an issue?
Also, the air leak was from a screw backing out (the little output nozzle for the carb), do I need a new fuel tank?

It still sounds pretty normal, it just gets hot for some reason, I recently fixed a small air leak in the fuel tank, maybe that could still be causing an issue?
Also, the air leak was from a screw backing out (the little output nozzle for the carb), do I need a new fuel tank?
force .28s gray head from ones i have ran are prone to airleak at carb base and pinch bolt, backplate, and crank bearing. What fuel?

Too little oil for my likings, but vp is OK.
I highly recommend torco 30
I'm using 20% so I don't have to buy two separate fuels for my Nitro Rustler and Ravager. I don't think the little .15 in the Rustler will like 30%.

I'm using 20% so I don't have to buy two separate fuels for my Nitro Rustler and Ravager. I don't think the little .15 in the Rustler will like 30%.
it actually will run better cooler.

that is with Torco 30 i mean.