Engine compression and idle issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kephasd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,
I have an O.S .18 cvr it has lost some compression. Now I have a hard time getting a steady fairly low idle, could the lower compression be the culprit here?

Thanks,
Mark

Loss of compression usually means the engine is worn out, it will cause a lot of undesirable effects as it gets worse.

you most likely didnt break it in right.. i have the same motor and i didnt break it in and i have the same problrms:\... but you can go on ebay or something to get a new piston and piston sleeve and just re-break it in

hobe this helped:D

No I broke it in properly. The engine has about 8 really aggressive gallons through it. And with cheap mills like these you are better off replacing them than repairing them. The cost of a new piston and sleeve outweighs the benefits. Not to mention the stress on the old con rod, bearings ect.

IMO 8 gallons is a pretty good life for any mill!! I certainly hope I get that much thru the 1 in my Maxx. Your right about cost. Its gonna run you $70ish for a new piston/sleeve only. A new conrod probably another $20ish. Not to mention all the bushings and beaerings $40ish. Your alreay up to $130 and havent touched the carb or anything else. I was able to get the same motor from my LHS (which is always more than ebay) for $150. No brainer IMHO!!!

Did you ever seal it? Airleaks can give issues with tuning and idling. Just a thought.

Back