engine bogging at full throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro/15

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i will warm the engine up by doing a few laps around the track not runing her hard just to make her happy and then when she all warmed up i give her full throttle and takes off like a bullet and then more to the much higher rppms it will start to loose poer and bog and if you keep the throtle at full it will shut off what do i do its a pro .15 by traxxas not even a gallon thru it it almost band new i got it dec 11 and broke it in to the manual what should i do.:\

Sound's out of tune, it's always safer to try richening first, if that makes it worse, try leaning it back up some. If it's really cold out, it'll make it a little harder to tune, what have your outside temps been?

temps tomaro 55 f next-day 52 f next day 49 f next day 49 f it has been cold but one thing I've richened and leaned not working just got a tuned pipe that helped a little

You probably haven't richened it enough, or maybe it has an air leak somewhere. Is the exhaust system tight? If you have an exhaust problem you'll lose fuel pressure causing it to die.

Sounds like your HSN is too lean to me and the engine is starving for fuel on the top end. Richen it up 2 hours at a time and see if that helps.

as said b4 richen it up the car can take off like a bullet all day long but lsn has nothing to do with anything once you get past about 1/3rd throttle. you'll be surprised at how much you have to richen hsn for cold weather (also depends on the humidity where you live) i know i was the first time i tuned for cold weather along with having to wrap my head to get my firestorm to a good temp. If you have a leak its usually pretty easy to tell bc your motor will be either bubbling while running or it will have nitro fuel all over. I'm still not bang up at tuning myself it comes with experience. Also helps to do some reading theres a million sites and forums out there about tuning. No matter wht tho nothing is better than experience

leak

when i hook easy start up air bubles go through my glow plug?

Back