Emaxx with no reverse after snow bashing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radio Rat

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey whats up to everyone at RCnitrotalk. I have a 3903 emaxx with kershaw design 700HO motors in it with stock Evx2 speed control. I was out ripping in the snow today about 3-4 inches of snow for bout 15-20 mins and my reverse stopped working but it would work after I feathered the throttle for a sec and stuck like that. Foward still works fine. Then I got back in the garage and cleaned all the snow off. Let it dry off a little bit and it started working fine.

Has anybody else had this problem or know a quick fix for problem???

I dont know if you read my post about the evx2 but i have the EXACT same problem! I'm not sure if its the cold weather or the water but i too lose reverse after running in the snow and have to feather the throttle to get it to kick in, and my maxx is only a week old! And like you said when i bring it inside to dry off, it works fine! I've been reading up on it and it sounds like many people also have this same problem. Maybe traxxas forgot to contact quality control! :hehe: I wish someone had an easy fix for this, but I've begun to just ignore it, hopefully it will dissapear come summer.

Cool Man thanks for the info. I have another one but I don't want to put it on and have the same outcome.Like you said hopefully it will disappear when it gets warm out. Traxxas needs to do something about it if so many people are having the same problem.

Hello electric makes heat heat melts snow which makes water +electric = trouble all your gona have by spring is alot of scrap electronics it would be wise to work at sealing everything as well as you can none of those parts have a self fix feature!!!!:whhooo:

Traxxas electronics are waterproof! At least that's what they tell you.;)

Nothing is 100% if they were that water proof it wouldnt be doin that it doesn't hurt to improve on there design which could have faults good luck hope you get that straighten out!:D

Last edited:
Traxxas states on their site the electronics are water resistant not waterproof. You can run them in wet conditions but you don't want to submerge them.

A good practice is to dry the truck off after running in wet weather.

Back