Eliminating Bump Steer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChucksCity

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have replaced every part of the steering system on my truck pro-line bell cranks, heavy duty toe links, hi-torq servo and the thing still wont drive a straight line how can i fix this

Last edited:
i know on the maxx, it matters where if you put the tierods on top or bottom.

move the truck up and down through the suspension range and watch your tires, do they toe in and out as the truck moves up and down? if so you probably have the tierods mounted the wrong way.

also a little toe in inthe rear and toe out on the front will help it track straiter.

Tires/toe also play a part. If your too aggressive either way with your toe, it will be either really twitchy (too much toe in) or really wandery (too much toe out). Chevron tires tend to make it a bit wandery regardless what you do IME.

What "high torque" servo are you using? Are all your ball cups/ends nice and tight? Are your pivot ball cups too tight/loose on the ends of the arms?

i thinks its a mg995 144 oz steering servo and everything else is screwed and bolted as tight as i can make it

Back