Electronics Work Station

• Thread starter Penguin Fart Racing
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin Fart Racing

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
LAWS OF PHYSICS- Water flows down-hill, Electrons are blue and You can't push a rope. Have gotten electrons to flow down-hill, they ARE blue and difficukt to push above 20,000,000 electron-Volts. Finally got around to de-cluttering enough bench space to reassemble my electronics build station ( attached PIX ). I have a THEREMIN, lap steel guitar replete with built-in synth and analog spring reverb, van deGraaf high voltage static generator and two TESLA COILS waiting to be brought to Life. My new rail gun is still in the design phase. Might have a working prototype by late October. Anyone working with old satellite TV dishes trying to convert them into RADIOTELESCOPES ? FWIW, my newest oscilloscope, power supply, logic pulser and waveform generator were all special ordered through WALMART !

Attachments

• Resizer_16561714455575.jpg
    Resizer_16561714455575.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Resizer_16561714110893.jpg
    Resizer_16561714110893.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Resizer_16561713949451.jpg
    Resizer_16561713949451.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 39
nice still a cf to me...90% of your scopes and meters can go in my fluke 123.minus signal generator. i like you vom holder on your oscilloscope .classy

nice still a cf to me...90% of your scopes and meters can go in my fluke 123.minus signal generator. i like you vom holder on your oscilloscope .classy
Thank you. Mosf of my gear is quite old. FLUKE is great stuff. Besides my RC -ing, good portion of my money goes to my music; synths mixers, recording gear, Theremins, and stringed instruments.

it needs its own space neat n clean dust covers cases.so on
You are RIGHT . With limited space, I plan to use pretty tight plastic covering over this gear. Work on my wood projects ( violin and guitar builds, wooden RC boats, Flintlock Charlesville Musket, etc ) will be kept as far away as possible.

Wow, I haven't seen an Oscope since college. Nice setup you got there.
Pretty sure thats the exact same breadboard I was issued in college too, lol

Wow, I haven't seen an Oscope since college. Nice setup you got there.
Pretty sure thats the exact same breadboard I was issued in college too, lol
Thank you ! Besides all my RC, this workstation will help with lots of other projects. College use of a 'scope. What college did you go to and what degree did you get ?

I attended the electronics institute in Missouri, achieved an associates in applied electronics and a bachelors in electronic/digital communications. Pretty boring stuff really.

That is scary. I read about that stuff but no real world experience. Sounds like a lot more fun than digital communications. I always wanted to get into HAM radio. I have a lot of fond memories of sitting around the mic with my grandfather as a child. Good fun.

Hello Mr. GoodWrench35,

Thanks for your feedback. Your background is impressive. HAM radio is loads of fun. I do Morse Code only with a crystal controlled oooooold tube transmitter. Just bought a modern digital receiver though. Besides DC, am puttering around with music synths, guitars, violins and Theremins.

I think the coolest thing I did in college was prove electron theory to be fact, not theory. Never published anything as I was still an undergrad. By the time I graduated I didn't care anymore but it was fun. I did other cool stuff but not the kind of stuff you talk about on internet forums 😇
C.R. tubes were always interesting to me. I'm still surprised they don't just explode.
Do any of you still use crystals in your RC transmitters/recievers? I still have a few older ones that operate that way.

I think the coolest thing I did in college was prove electron theory to be fact, not theory. Never published anything as I was still an undergrad. By the time I graduated I didn't care anymore but it was fun. I did other cool stuff but not the kind of stuff you talk about on internet forums 😇
C.R. tubes were always interesting to me. I'm still surprised they don't just explode.
Do any of you still use crystals in your RC transmitters/recievers? I still have a few older ones that operate that way.
CRYSTALS! I have transmitters, receivers and spare CRYSTALS. Plz to uss thus stuff at a local AMA club VINTAGE FLY-IN one of these days. Also have a CITIZENSHIP rig on 465 MHz that uses RADIO TUBES !