electric or pull start...?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only bad thing i have to say about the EZ is the batteries run out quickly if you use the blue wire. get yourself a glow starter and scrap the blue wire. ever since i have done that i have not had one single proble. but again this is all your personal preference. i personally love the EZ

wut do you mean by the blue wire? i now wich one but wut do you mean by scrap and glow liter?

Means Get Rid Of The Blue Wire Take It Off The Ez Start Harness And Use A Glow Plug Ignitor To Light The Glow Plug

i changed my revo to a pull start and love it

IMO if your engine is tuned right then a pull start is best. If it's tuned right it'll start within the first 5 pulls.

On top of that, you don't have to lug around a huge wand or a drill to start it.

FYI, a novice user can actually damage an engine with an Electric start if the engine is hydro locked.

Ya, if you use an electric drill it needs to have a torque clutch and you should set it just high enough to spin the motor. I'd start with it at 0 and notch up until it spins the motor under normal conditions. That way if it hydrolocks the clutch should slip.

Hey i just got the latest model T-maxx 3.3 i usta own the 2.5 and i absolutly HATE the E-z start more like the pain in the you know where start! ....so i pretty much just fully broke it in and either the ez start motor is shot or the battery is just way to weak to power it even with full charge.... does anyone know if its easy to convert to the pull start? if so id rather order it on ebay then buy it from the hobby shop n spend a bajillion dollars to unscrew a couple things. please let me know thanks!
:\

EZ start is the way to go, I have a charger that I can hook up to my 12v in my truck, so dead batteries aren't an issue at all. It sure as hell beats a pull starter in my book.. who wants to play around with that when there is a better alternative?

It depends on what you want i switched from ez start to pull because it didn't Turn my motor over fast enough so id go with pull