Electric drills/screw drivers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
My dad bought this Black and Decker electric screw driver and a bit kit. Since he rarely uses it it's my new tool for rc. The bit kit he got had standard and metric hex bits but they were way to big. ( 4.0mm hex and bigger) I'm just seeing if these bits from Protek work with this power tool or any power tool. Protek hex bits. This B+D one he got is just a basic one. It only has 1 speed so when you press the trigger it goes full power. It was only 40 bucks on Amazon but atleast its helpful around the house or with the rcs.

20221005_125409.jpg

20221005_125427.jpg

Variable speed would be better, but as long as it has a decent clutch on it, should be good.

Id get the MIP like TP uses or Id get the Team EDS ones. If you really want the protek ones though then they should fit.

No matter what tips you get be very careful if you're screwing in to plastic. My ryobi has accidentally stripped more holes then Id like to admit even with the clutch set on the lowest setting.

+1 for MIP tips

I use a Dewalt 12v driver, with adjustable clutch. This is light weight and variable speed which is perfect. Lowest clutch setting will never strip a screw going into plastic - I always do last few turns by hand. BUT, the higher clutch setting is needed to remove screws - and I have forgotten about that when re-installing - that has stripped a few holes.

I have the MIP driver bits and a Dewalt driver but I don't use it. I have always just twisted by hand.

One of these days if my Ryobi Tek4 ever dies (This things been going forever lol) I want one of the Dewalt screwdrivers for the variable speed. One thing the Ryobi lacks.