Electric airplane?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay well I keep debating on whether or not I should sell my Maxx and go back into the world of flight. I started flying about 5 years ago and loved it but my uncle got me into cars and i sold all my flight stuff and bought cars and trucks. I trying to figure out what kind of plane that would be best for me to start off again with. I've only been out of the flying hobby for about a year so i should know my stuff still pretty well. I had a Parkzone Typhoon and loved it. Got to be really god with it and could do all sorts of maneuvers. I'm looking at the Typhoon 2 parkzone and really like it. Just figured I would ask around and figure what you guys would recommend as a good plane thats capable of 3D flight. I'm trying to stay under a budget of about $300 max. Thanks.

Okay so somebody has to got to have some answer.

It's a tough question for non-flyers like us. I mean, I do fly, but I'm only capable of 2D right now. I do have a 3D foamy. It's a Mike Glass matrix. It's flat foam, small and light. But the reality is that I can't do jack with it. There are a ton of good 3D planes out there. The Typhoon seems to get decent reviews and is relatively popular. I don't think you can really go wrong. Especially if you had a good experience with the first version.

I'm only familiar with the nitro planes, so I can't offer much on electrics. Hang in there, we have a member who shows up from time to time who flies a lot of electrics.
He always checks out this forum.

My local harbor frieght has a setup for like $40 that has twin 380 motors and they also have stock replacement wings as well. I am thinking of picking one up just to learn how to fly before I ever invest serious change in one. I like r/c cars because I don't lose everything when I crash one and you can race much easier, and not (again) lose everything if you hit the other guy!

I keep seeing awsome reviews on the parkzone t-28 trojan. It's not really 3D and aerobatic, but its capable of all kinds of manuevers while having some really good scale appearances

Back