Habu STS 70mm EDF Jet RTF Basic Smart Trainer with SAFE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister_uk

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
Anyone got this one? How is the Quality in long term use?
Is this the only Noob Safe Jet out there?

E-flite Habu STS (Smart Trainer w/SAFE) 70mm EDF FLIGHTS on 3S and 4S

Noob has never fly RC Plane before. Fly this Jet

I'm noob too, should i get this Plane?
The good thing with this Jet: You can start in Safe mode and 3s. Then half year later go 4s and fast.

Like to know about the Quality if anyone here has fly this like one year already?
Electronics still good? No other issues?
This Jet is released year 2020

I wouldn't get an EDF plane as a first plane. They look great and are fast but are VERY unforgiving. I would suggest like maybe an Apprentice from Horizon Hobby like the Habu. I'd also recommend any of the Horizon Hobby Cubs.

Edf's take a different style of flying than a prop plane. If you don't have much experience I would suggest learning the basics with a prop trainer. It's not that you can't start with an edf jet but they are less forgiving.

I agree with @hamz9561 the apprentice and cub are both amazing platforms to learn on. Get proficient with a trainer then try something more advanced. This hobby gets expensive fast if you try to start with all the cool warbirds and jets without putting in some time with a good trainer

If you really have your heart set on an edf jet, the Freewing F-22 is a forgiving platform that flies great fast or slow, and parts are relatively inexpensive. There is no safe mode but personally I think it's a crutch that keeps you from learning, but that's just my opinion. I would still suggest you master a trainer first.

Thank you guys.
That Freewing F-22 look very Cool.

I will follow your advice to start with Prop.
Like this Yellow one

HBZ320001_A1_XWJDHFUE.jpg

Later i can buy the Bind version Jet with Safe, and use same Radio.
Win Win. Yellow top, silver bottom is great Color to start with i believe too

Thank you guys.
That Freewing F-22 look very Cool.

I will follow your advice to start with Prop.
Like this Yellow one

HBZ320001_A1_XWJDHFUE.jpg

Later i can buy the Bind version Jet with Safe, and use same Radio.
Win Win. Yellow top, silver bottom is great Color to start with i believe too

Good choice, it's a really nice plane, my flying buddy has that one. :thumbs-up:

I had the UMX (Micro) version of the Carbon Cub and it was a great little flyer until the wind blew it into a hungry tree.