EB4 into Hybrid MT?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderTiger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm thinking of changing the front and rear suspension setup, and the body of a Thunder Tiger EB4, so i have a vehicle i can run on serious terrain, yet still retain the original buggy base chassis etc.

Is this viable, if so HOW would i do it ?

Wiull i need to upgrade the clutch and main gear, the Engine or anything else for that matter ?

search th eforum for truggy gearing......you need to upgrade at least the main gears.....I don't know if they fit but check the OFNA metal spur gears...they might have the same bolt-on pattern for your center spur mount....then all the other stuff wheels, diff oils & maybe use a rear shock tower and rear shocks on the front....body mounts and a real beefy steering servo (JR8611)...

So it feasible i take it ?

just wondering wether to do it to a NEW one or get a s/h one to do it to ??

Truggy

I have two running EB4-S2s and one rolling chassis and I have investigated the truggy route extensively.
The TTR EK4-S2 is very similar to the EB4 right down to drivetrain and suspension arms
The noticable differences are the motor (EK4 has a .46), brakes, wheels, shock towers, suspension and body mounts
I have already purchased some pre-owned EK4 parts to get my project rolling
These parts are available on EBay(.co.uk) as their is a UK Seller named EB4_meister who is tearing a few EK4 trucks down and selling them as spares.

This route of buying TTR truck parts beats redesigning the wheel, they will just bolt on and work.. which makes a truggy conversion an absoloute breeze.
Wheels and tires also come into play regarding the gearing. I do not plan to use oversized wheels on it.
I am liasing with a fellow Forum Member in Canada (who is an absoloute EK4 guru) regarding gearing with a 2.1 to .28 motor - I am still undecided on what size motor to use on it.
I'll keep you informed of any progress on the gearing

TTR is supposed to be comming out with a truggy based on the S3 chassis. I haven't heard on a release date yet, but I'll see what I can find.

OOOOOOOOOHH $HIT !!!! DO NOT TELL MY MISSUS THAT!!! She already going to shell out £350 on the EK4 S2 next month if she hears of a better one SHE WILL WANT ONE!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love my R/C Vehicles, but i would sooner crash and trash them than see other people play with em when i finish with em !!

Last edited:
I saw a pic of a prototype (assuming) a couple months ago. Havn't heard anything yet. I don't remember if it was a delta box chassis or not but that would definately be the way to go for a truggy. I can understand why so many people are hyping up the flat chassis for the buggy version but I would have to think delta box would be superior for a truggy version.

If it were to have a "delta box" chassis, then it wouldn't be a "truggy" as all the buggies I've seen use a flat chassis.

Almost every truggy I've seen with an engine sized between .25 and .28 is superior to any MAXX, Revo or Savage around a track. The Ofna Blazer is a prime example of an excellent flat chassis truggy

Mondo said:
..."as all the buggies I've seen use a flat chassis."

well, the "delta box" style chassis doesn't take the S3 out of the buggy catagory.. so why would it disqualify an S3 truggy from being that?

Good Point My Man !! Good Point !!

Richard Saxton said:
rsaxton
Richard Saxton response Aug 4 04:33 EDT 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will find out more about the truck while i
am in Taiwan.

I'll give you guys more info when I get more info!

Back