East Coast Bash 2005 - Buffalo Style - Official Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Official 3rd Annual RCNT East Coast Bash

==========================
Date(s): August 13th - 14th
Time(s): xxx
Location(s): Aurora Rails Raceway Park, scotthg1's home track, Ol' BMX Track...possiblely others
Direction(s): Buffalo, New York
Hotel Listings: Hotel Itinerary(Expedia) Hotel Itinerary(Travelocity)
==========================

Planning for the ECB III in 2005 in Buffalo NY has begun.
scotthg1 and myself have already started to talk about it and we want to hold another bash this year.

Locations:

1) Aurora Rails Raceway Park - East Aurora NY - This track and it's owners were awesome last year and I will work with scotthg1 to set something up there again if everyone likes. They are planning on adding an 1/8 scale track this year. The owner is away this week but I have left a message on a local web board asking about class and track info for this year. Their homepage is http://arrp.netfirms.com/ Check out the ECB II pics they posted!!

2) scotthg1's home track - East Aurora NY - scott is still planning on finishing his track and if I still understand him correctly he would like to host part of the bash

3) Other locations to be decided later

Information Needed:

There are a few things that are needed to be known if you plan on attending the RCNT Bash:

1. How many and what kind of R/C vehicle will you be bringing.
2. Which day(s) you plan on attending.
3. Radio details - AM or FM, channel or synthesized?
4. Shirt size (only if you plan on purchasing one.)

Amount of days
Did everyone like the three days or do we go to two days?

Dates:
The last two were in August and most were able to make those dates. I will vote for August again but that is definately not decided. Post your available or desired dates.

Please post if you are interesed in attending and any ideas you may have.

Misc. Info/ Comments:

- This event is an 18 or older event. This is not because we don't like the younger crowd, but more so I don't like lawsuits over a minor getting hurt. This is nothing new as we did the same last year as well.

- Check this post often as updates will be added as soon as we get them.

I will already chime in and say that I'll most likely be there. Depends on the weekend, but I don't forsee anything this summer that will get in the way. COOL!!!!

If all goes well I will be at this years ECB for sure...if all goes well :D

-Michael

I Hope the NY bash goes well. I can't make that of course, Because I dont drive. But whoever is going to the Hampton Roads bash, I'll see if I can go to that, Most likely yeah. Have fun guys!

I am going if Imbroken is driving and we leave the wives and kids home..... LOL

I won't make August because my 3rd child is due at the end of August.

Darth I've went ahead and dressed up your post with some of the old info from last years thread as well as a few other bits of info. As time goes by I'll try to keep updating your first post.

-Michael

Excellent, thanks Woodie. I new that there would be some additions to be made.

I'll start off.

1) Rides - Savage SS .28 - I'll be buying another ride, just don't know what yet. :D
2) Days attending - I plan on attending all dates we schedule.
3) Radio - currently AM on Ch90, but hoping to be FM Synth by the bash.
4) Shirt - I'd love to buy one, XL for me.

Concerning shirts, Woodie is there any chance we could have special shirts made that signifies attendance to the bash?? I think you would want payment ahead of time so you are not stuck with unclaimed and unpaid for shirts, which is OK by me.

I Wonder If I could make it if I rode my bike...

:-D

Team 17 said:
I won't make August because my 3rd child is due at the end of August.

I'm in the same boat Team. Kim is due at the beginning of August. this will be my first... (I get to hear the heartbeat this Thursday!) sorry guys :( won't be makin the Buffalo Bash..

thanks for thinking of us guys ! we have alot of changes in the works for arrp , all for the better ! hope to see you all soon - last year was a ball and some of you guys are pretty sick with your trucks. - awesome to watch !

brian bellinger
----- arrp track promoter and racer

bellinger said:
thanks for thinking of us guys ! we have alot of changes in the works for arrp , all for the better ! hope to see you all soon - last year was a ball and some of you guys are pretty sick with your trucks. - awesome to watch !

brian bellinger
----- arrp track promoter and racer

Thanks for stopping in Brian!!
Now is a good time to ask you about the 1/8 scale track and if you would mind hosting another RCNT bash in 2005! :D

1. Toys: Storm Pro Buggy, T-Maxx, Losi XXX-NT
2. Days: Depends on Imbroken... I'm his Bitch
3. Radio details FM Synth , other channels with get back to you on that.
4. Shirt size: Fat Bastard

I'm trying to put up a garage at my home,vinyl side,drainage and some other things but if All I can do is the foundation for the garage this year, I should be able to get the track ready. I'm going to use the dirt from my drainage for the track. If not we can always use ARP on friday and saturday. Then on Sunday morning do some onroad racing.

Also for any Buffalo based people out there, Darth and I are thinking of getting together once if not twice a month for some racing. We will keep you informed on that info.

Scott.

I'll give my probable vitals:

1. Rides: Nitro RS4 3, Savage SS 4.6 (hopefully), GS Storm (hopefully)
2. Days: Saturday and Sunday
3. Radio: FM but not sure what channel yet.
4. Shirt size: Large

I'm thinking of those who will be traveling to make this, but what does anyone think of making it a two day event? Is it too difficult to try and fit three days worth of bashing in? If we bashed on a Saturday and Sunday, it would make it 1/3 less expensive for hotel/motel stay etc, and it may allow those that don't have enough time off from work to be able to attend all days. Please give me honest feedback on this.

Well guys, the only update I have on the bash is this.

I received a little information on another board from Brian who runs the ARRP track , and he seems interested in hosting another bash for us. He just needs to know dates.

So I need to ask what dates will work for most of us.
July is totally shot for me.
Good months would be June and August. If in August, hows the weekend of the 13th and 14th?
I'm just trying to get a schedule planned out so we can start making plans to reserve the track, vacation time if needed, hotels/motels reserved, etc.

Bringing this one up again. Just wondering if the dates of the 13th and 14th are set in stone. I'm working on my vacation requests for the summer and I want to make sure I have time off around the bash weekend.
Anyway, I'm primed to be there. August works best for me. I'm better in the weekend of the 20-21st, but will still be able to make it on the 13th if that's the decision. Darth? Scott? Any change in the plan?

The weekend of Aug. 21st is my six year anniversary. I could still do that if it is better for everyone else. I can just take my wife out the weekend before. I think it should be a 3 day event and everyone can decide on wether or not to make the first day. We can talk more about the dates if some people need to set vacation time. I am game for all of Augest except the weekend of the 5th. A best friends wedding is happening. For those of you who plan on attending,please give us your input on what dates are best. Thanks.

Scott.

Back