e-revo tyres expand and pop!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parry

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys was just with my uncle yesterday and he was showing his new e-revo hes upgraded it to a 3 cell and I'm not sure witch motor but the thing goes wild and the tires pop in less than a few minutes and hes not to happy now because hes been through about 3-4 sets of tires and all of them have popped!?! has anyone had the same car and had the same problem? please share you thoughts and ideas so i can tell my uncle!

thanks parry

Is he doing donuts? they are hard on tires and diffs. If he is running on a lot of pavment get the same tires on Traxxas's XO-1, those tire are ment to run 100mph.

ok thanks ile let him know and nah he wasn't doing donuts he was just trying to keep the car straight haha

what tyres is he using? i run my merv on 3s with the 50mph gear and its fine. i do top speed runs a bit actually. also i have a revo with an lrp 28 which iv had up to 70+kph several times and have 2 sets of tyres for that and there fine.

is he gluing them on?

yep he was using the stock revo wheel sets all glued already and he also got a different set to try out( the rims foams and tires) and he shreded them but i must say i rekon on a straight it would hit 120 kph so should he look for ideal tyres or downgrade the battery?

are you talking about a mini Revo? 120kph thats like 70 mph, if its stock, i doubt it will run that fast. If he is popping tires they either arent glued properly or they are being abused to the point of destruction.

Are the tires blowing the bead, or splitting in the center?

um its the 1/8 scale e revo and its not stock and the tyres are spliting in the middle like half the autual tyre just flyes of the rim and the other half just drags along the floor

He needs to get some GRPs or some Ipanemas if he is going to be running those kinds of speeds. Monster truck tires arent meant to handle those kinds of speeds.

Back