E revo 1/10 brushless summit drive shaft HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atitagain

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone, My brand new e revo just showed up in the mail yesterday! I plan on running 6s lipo in this beast, so I would like to beaf it up a bit before I get it out. I have been reading in the forums that the "summit drive shaft upgrade" is a good upgrade to do. Could someone explain the parts needed and how I go about doing this? Also, can you recommend a good 3s lipos? What c rating and capacity should I get?

Which version of the eRevo is it? Is it the brushed or brushless?

As far as batteries go, a lot of the guys swear by SMC LiPos. I know that if it's the brushless edition, they recommend at least a 30c battery pack. The mAH rating is the capacity kind like a fuel tank. The larger the mAH rating, the longer it will run.

Thanks for the reply! It is the brushless version... Does the capacity of the lipo affect the physical size of the pack?

They make lipos all diff shapes and sizes you just have to measure your battery tray and pay attention to the dimensions of the batter when purchasing some mods can also be done to make batter trays bigger. And stick to the hard packs they hold up better in MT's.

Thanks for helping everyone! Does anyone know if the summit drive shafts are a direct fit to the erbe?

I've also noticed people are installing a variable dampening kit in the shocks. Does anyone know the manufacture of this kit? Thanks!!

As far as the drive shafts go, I wouldn't worry about them until/unless they break. The Summit is based on the eRevo platform. I don't think that there is any real difference between the two.

Great! thanks for all your help!

Back