E MAXX Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an E Maxx that I have done quite of bit of work to to make it crawl better such as spools front and rear, moab xl tires on bead lock wheels, an hv brushless 6.5 system from Novak, Robinson slipper with a 76T spur and a 10T pinion gear, any other ideas besides investing in a actual crawler because I don't have that kind of money right now...:surrender

Last edited:
you may want to play around with the suspension setup. crawlers are really soft and floppy so they can articulate over the terrain.. keep me informed on what all you do as i am working on a e-maxx. i want it to be kind of in the middle, stable enough to run acros the yard but soft enough to climb obsticals

I've done a bit to mine, dual rate springs, BIG tires, 17mm hex, revo drive lines, rear wheely bar to stop flip overs, aluminum skids, 4wheel steering, heavy duty servos, rmp bumpers, and some other stuff.. I'm having a problem with my evx though, do you still have your old one?

I do still have the stock esc but can't remember if it works or not I have had my brushless set up for a long time, I also have RPM F/R bumpers and F/R/C RPM skids and a complete MIP drive train I am still going to up grade my tranny with some aluminum gears to replace all the stock ones I keep stripping out the plactic idler gears, and I figured if I just got metal Idlers then I would end up stripping out the bottom gears so I might as well replace them all when I get the money I am also running 23mm hexes from proline as well as there steering kit, I also have Aluminum Bulks and hub carrieres..I have also heard of people using only one shock on each corner but like you I also want to be able to crawl and still go bash a little here and there...

can you check the evx for me? if you dont want it ill pay shipping and just test it myself.

thanks!

i'll test it and if it works we can work some thing out ok??

I checked the evx and it lights up going from red in nutrel to green at full throtle and red to blinking green at full brake but the motors don't turn so i guess it must be fried oh well I tried just do what I did and go Brushless you will love it get the novak HV 6.5 system you can crawl or back yard bash with no coging.

Any help out there please, I know someone has to have built a e maxx crawler...

Lock out the IFS, construct your own chassis, then procede to for link it.

Ill dig up some build threads for ya if you want them.

lock out the IFS as mentioned above. or build solid axles.
Lighter chassis, lower as much weight as possible.

also check the maxx section on rccrawler.com there are some good builds on there.