Dynamite 2600mah igniter cap replacement?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hello all. I have a Dynamite DYN1923 Glow igniter. I dropped it and the cap (on the top that holds the battery in place and has the meter) broke off as it is the only part on the igniter that is made of plastic. It is such a good igniter and I don't want to throw it away. Does anyone know where to find a replacement cap? The cap in the photo is cracked.

Attachments

• 15931090542795276184221294078612.jpg
    15931090542795276184221294078612.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 15931090702891966566432430304979.jpg
    15931090702891966566432430304979.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 62
I honestly don't believe you will find the part for it but I would just buy another one. $15 to $20 bucks is reasonable..

I threw one of those away recently... it didn't hold onto the plugs well anymore and I stopped using c/sub-c heaters a long time ago. I only use AA sized ones now.

I threw one of those away recently... it didn't hold onto the plugs well anymore and I stopped using c/sub-c heaters a long time ago. I only use AA sized ones now.

You use double a's? I don't think that is a very good choice; they lack the current to supply to the glow plug. This limits the power of the plug to around half.

Double A's have no problem lighting up a glow plug. I have actually wrapped paper around an AA and made it fit in place of a sub-c in one of my igniters. No issues with it working.

@jlobbia Does that prevent it from working or does the cap fall off because of it? To me it looks like something I would just use and not worry about.

Double A's have no problem lighting up a glow plug. I have actually wrapped paper around an AA and made it fit in place of a sub-c in one of my igniters. No issues with it working.

@jlobbia Does that prevent it from working or does the cap fall off because of it? To me it looks like something I would just use and not worry about.
It still works, it's just that it falls apart into three pieces when I unscrew it. Usually it's not that big of a problem. It is just kind of annoying.

You use double a's? I don't think that is a very good choice; they lack the current to supply to the glow plug. This limits the power of the plug to around half.
Rechargeable LSD NiMH AA's, usually 2050mah or more. Have been using an AA heater for many years without issue. A single charge easily got me through a "break-in" day with my LRP 28, 30 and OS 21TM. I always have a second cell charged and ready, but I've never used it.

If its 3 pcs. I would try some superglue or tire glue.

Back