Dynamite 086 pipe on XL review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessF

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So far, thumbs down.

Spent the afternoon trying to tune the XL with the new Dyn 086 installed and can't seem to get nearly the same performance the stock pipe provides.

Upon inspection, the Dyn pipe seems a bit smaller in some places most notably the ID of the stinger. SIde by side the stinger on the stock pipe is 2mm bigger in ID than the Dyn pipe.

The truck is quieter but runs like it's struggling to breath.

Perhaps my lack of tuning ability is the issue, but I've been successful in tuning and keeping the tune of several trucks so far.

If there's someone with any advice on this one it would be greatly appreciated.

Forget the 086. The 5.9K likes the cen GST 7.7 pipe A LOT from what i've read.

Yes I've I read the same on the 7.7. I had, however, read that the 086 Dyn and OFNA were improvements over the stock pipe. So far, no good.

The 086 works great on some engines, some it doesn't. it's a matter of engine timing.
Bottom line is the 5.9 is a turd made by a turd factory. They are not consistent with their' manufacturing tolerances. That's why some run great and some don't.
If you want good reliable power, you need to spend a few extra bucks and buy an engine made by Picco/Novarossi/O.S./R.B./Sirio.

The 086 works great on some engines, some it doesn't. it's a matter of engine timing.
Bottom line is the 5.9 is a turd made by a turd factory. They are not consistent with their' manufacturing tolerances. That's why some run great and some don't.
If you want good reliable power, you need to spend a few extra bucks and buy an engine made by Picco/Novarossi/O.S./R.B./Sirio.

awww someone needs a hug. I'll polish the turd until it produces no more juice.

Good luck! You'll need it.

Give it a shot, it will take some rigging to make it fit, but it is a good performing pipe.
Let us know how it runs.