Dx5 pro timer reset

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Does anyone know how to stop and reset the timer or stop watch in a Dx5 Pro? The instructions show how to program different buttons and time but I can’t figure out how the stop and reset the timer.

So far I figured if I don’t change the buttons for the stop watch and timer I can start and stop them. But I still can’t figure out how to reset the stopwatch.

If you press the home button while the stopwatch function is active, the stopwatch will not pause. If you want to reset the stopwatch to 0 hours and 0 minutes, press and hold the select button while stopwatch S-T-O-P is displayed. A short vibration will sound and the display will show the ‘0000’.

I pulled this off the web so not sure if it will work for you or not.

Hey Iowa. Yeah, checked the on-line manual at Spektrum Support. No help there.

On my DX4 pressing the start button initiates the count. Pressing the start button again freezes the count. Pressing and holding the start button the count re-starts for a count of ~4-5sec and then resets to zero.

Hope this helps. 'AC'

I gotta be doing something wrong.

This is a Dx5 pro with a thumb wheel not the touch screen. I don’t know if it is different than the others. I’m pretty familiar with Spektrum radios.
Starting from a new model, the count down timer can be started and stoped from the H button.
The stopwatch or count up timer can be started and stopped from the E button. This is the perfect location because I can activated the stopwatch without taking my hands off the wheel. But I can not figure out how to reset them. I tied holding the buttons and pushing other buttons and double clicking things. Seems like it would be nice if I could just hold the button and it would reset.

I don’t really need it but I could time laps in practice.