Dust off the rc10.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea ,definitely check those things ,an if he did have the head off at one time ,make sure that the head shims or gaskets
aren't scared or boogered up ,I would seal the engine ,if it is a pull start ,make sure it doesn't leak out at the starter out-
put shaft ,or backplate!
could also be more or less my not knowing that engine, but when it starts getting close to tune it is getting way to hot for my liking.
and it seems to have an inconsistent idle. sometimes it idles perfect, others it tries dying.
need to have him make sure the tank is sealed too, sometimes it seems more pronounced while under half tank, other times not though.

could also be more or less my not knowing that engine, but when it starts getting close to tune it is getting way to hot for my liking.
and it seems to have an inconsistent idle. sometimes it idles perfect, others it tries dying.
need to have him make sure the tank is sealed too, sometimes it seems more pronounced while under half tank, other times not though.

Yea ,that sounds more like an air leak some where with the tank ,an or loss of pressure in the tank ,but yea ,
your right about not knowing about the engine!

One indication ,would be ,is there will be residue around the exhaust header an the bottom of the head ,an
it can be a mix of everything the reason why the engine is unstable & over heats!

on my brother in law's truck, it has the MIP 360 header/pipe with the MIP rear shock tower, its so goofy how it looks, but sounds really nice, trying to get him to get a standard rear shock tower and side manifold though, i guess the MIP shock towers are a bit more fragile, and really hard to find. havent been able to locate another one looking through ebay.
is yours the stock header and pipe that has been modified? that dimpling effect is really awesome, havent seen anything like that before.

on my brother in law's truck, it has the MIP 360 header/pipe with the MIP rear shock tower, its so goofy how it looks, but sounds really nice, trying to get him to get a standard rear shock tower and side manifold though, i guess the MIP shock towers are a bit more fragile, and really hard to find. havent been able to locate another one looking through ebay.
is yours the stock header and pipe that has been modified? that dimpling effect is really awesome, havent seen anything like that before.

Yea ,those stinger set ups were popular in the day in racing ,I don't know nothing about them as I never raced them
in that time period ,an never raced period!.....LOL
I don't know if it gave it a better tune to the engine or not ,it could also help from not getting damaged on a
side impact!

Those little dots ,I put those on the pipe to match with the motif of the truck ,I also did the head & chassy ,that's why
the engine doesn't look like a Cvr 18!

I started doing RC's like this at the time when it became popular about 12 to 15 yrs ago .everyone was want to do
something different to their RC's ,that's why when you see my Mgt's ,you will see different colors & different stuff
to them!....:cool:

Yea ,those stinger set ups were popular in the day in racing ,I don't know nothing about them as I never raced them
in that time period ,an never raced period!.....LOL
I don't know if it gave it a better tune to the engine or not ,it could also help from not getting damaged on a
side impact!

Those little dots ,I put those on the pipe to match with the motif of the truck ,I also did the head & chassy ,that's why
the engine doesn't look like a Cvr 18!

I started doing RC's like this at the time when it became popular about 12 to 15 yrs ago .everyone was want to do
something different to their RC's ,that's why when you see my Mgt's ,you will see different colors & different stuff
to them!....:cool:
from what i can tell it was to get the battery pack up front and like you said to keep it protected from side impact. It sticks back quite a bit though, and from reading on them it seemed like people were having issues with tail landings and the pipe getting plugged and shutting the truck off, dont really know how bad of an issue that was though.

yeah that dimple look is definitely very unique! ties in the whole theme of the truck very well.
its so weird how back then there were so many different dirrections to go for replacement parts, brands had completely different looks to them, like New Era shock towers Vs. GPM, Vs. Hardcore racing. so unique compared to each other.
Anymore most hop ups look almost identical, (with a few exceptions) except for either custom made or custom modified.

from what i can tell it was to get the battery pack up front and like you said to keep it protected from side impact. It sticks back quite a bit though, and from reading on them it seemed like people were having issues with tail landings and the pipe getting plugged and shutting the truck off, dont really know how bad of an issue that was though.

yeah that dimple look is definitely very unique! ties in the whole theme of the truck very well.
its so weird how back then there were so many different dirrections to go for replacement parts, brands had completely different looks to them, like New Era shock towers Vs. GPM, Vs. Hardcore racing. so unique compared to each other.
Anymore most hop ups look almost identical, (with a few exceptions) except for either custom made or custom modified.

I think ,aluminum shock tower is a must in certain applications ,like for bashing!

Its a whole different story from a basher to racing though ,although ,a racer wants strong durable parts ,they
don't want the added weight ,they want to fly to the finish line ,in some cases ,I really believe that some even will
tune their engines on the lean side just to get that big win ,I see a lot of used racing engines on E-bay ,they still
want a arm & a leg for them ,{an they say that it was only ran one season of racing}.......I am like ,nah ,no thanks!....LOL

I think ,aluminum shock tower is a must in certain applications ,like for bashing!

Its a whole different story from a basher to racing though ,although ,a racer wants strong durable parts ,they
don't want the added weight ,they want to fly to the finish line ,in some cases ,I really believe that some even will
tune their engines on the lean side just to get that big win ,I see a lot of used racing engines on E-bay ,they still
want a arm & a leg for them ,{an they say that it was only ran one season of racing}.......I am like ,nah ,no thanks!....LOL
i definitely agree on use of aluminum, i was more meaning the design as far appearance of structure, for example New Era and Hardcore racing shock towers for the MGT, no other shock tower looks like it, very unique to the brand.
as far as buying new engines, i am usually really hesitant on doing so, especially race engines for that exact reason lol.
typically only time i would is if it was someone that i mostly trust their perspective if it was still in good shape or if it is cheap enough that it didnt matter if it was toast.

i definitely agree on use of aluminum, i was more meaning the design as far appearance of structure, for example New Era and Hardcore racing shock towers for the MGT, no other shock tower looks like it, very unique to the brand.
as far as buying new engines, i am usually really hesitant on doing so, especially race engines for that exact reason lol.
typically only time i would is if it was someone that i mostly trust their perspective if it was still in good shape or if it is cheap enough that it didnt matter if it was toast.

Yea ,they had their unique design ,however ,Hardcore quit making RC parts ,an they moved on an started making
racing parts for I think motorcycles!
As for the other brands that you mentioned ,I don't know ,but they also will have to move on an make the parts
for the most current RC's that are on market ,therefore ,folks like us that still want to run & build the old stuff suffer ,
the RC newbie that wants to rebuild is screwed!.....

I had bought several used engines ,none of hem are racing ,most were still at break-in settings with a lot of residue
all over the header & around the head ,they all still looked bran new inside!...:cool:

Here is a short vid off my reg. cam ,the internal mem only allows a min. of vid.!
I will try to get a longer vid when I get another SD card!

Here is another vid. ,I shouldn't have put the body on after messing with the tune ,
I richen the Lsn up ,an leaned the Hsn a bit ,WOW .....It did NOT like that!....LOL
So I richen the Hsn back ,an it ran good ,but don't have vid of that!

Here is the vid where it runs like crap!

cbaker65's video brought back some good sight and sound memories of the GT. New to this forum, guys, but can already tell this sub will be one of my fav stop off's.

Bought two GT's off Ebay. One black tub and one blue plate. Converted both of them to brushless electric. Blasphemy, I know. Please forgive me? Something good about having a black body on a GT. Well done cbaker.

Cheers and Regards. 'AC'

cbaker65's video brought back some good sight and sound memories of the GT. New to this forum, guys, but can already tell this sub will be one of my fav stop off's.

Bought two GT's off Ebay. One black tub and one blue plate. Converted both of them to brushless electric. Blasphemy, I know. Please forgive me? Something good about having a black body on a GT. Well done cbaker.

Cheers and Regards. 'AC'

I been wanting to do a black tub build ,an to add to my collection ,maybe some more will pop up on ebay!....:cool:

Back