Duratraxx overdrive st

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketsmrz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
A few years ago my friend gave me his overdrive st because he couldn't get the engine running. I tuned it up and had it running great...until one day. I just recently fired the car back up and realized again why I had put it into storage. The engine runs great and everything appears to be working, but it's like none of the engine power is being transferred to the wheels anymore. I can see the flywheel turning and the dog bones turning but there is a loud almost whistling noise like something is spinning free and not allowing the engine to mesh with the gears to the tires. The vehicle stil recognizes forward and reverse and will move....about 6 inches, if I coax it with added steering.
I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me with the problem. I'd really love to get this car back in the street and hauling ass like it used to. Please Help!!

Hey all,
A few years ago my friend gave me his overdrive st because he couldn't get the engine running. I tuned it up and had it running great...until one day. I just recently fired the car back up and realized again why I had put it into storage. The engine runs great and everything appears to be working, but it's like none of the engine power is being transferred to the wheels anymore. I can see the flywheel turning and the dog bones turning but there is a loud almost whistling noise like something is spinning free and not allowing the engine to mesh with the gears to the tires. The vehicle stil recognizes forward and reverse and will move....about 6 inches, if I coax it with added steering.
I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me with the problem. I'd really love to get this car back in the street and hauling ass like it used to. Please Help!!
It may be that your clutch is worn, or your centre differential's worn out, and the pad inside it needs replacing- or that your rear or front differentials are bust. We could to do with a video to see exactly where the drive is stopping as "the dog bones turn" is a bit vague :)

NINNON, thanks so much for the advice. I went through the whole car and found that the second gear clutch screw was set way too tight and basically wasn't moving at all. I would think that I should have still been able to use the first gear but apparently that wasn't the case. Needless to say, the car is running like a champ now.

NINNON, thanks so much for the advice. I went through the whole car and found that the second gear clutch screw was set way too tight and basically wasn't moving at all. I would think that I should have still been able to use the first gear but apparently that wasn't the case. Needless to say, the car is running like a champ now.
Thanks, Good to know :)