Duratrax failsafe always kicking on

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plugged1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It seems about every couple minutes my failsafe goes into braking mode and I have to fiddle with the power switch to get it to go off. I`m using rechargable nimh batteries with it. I live in Dallas, and I`m wondering if there is just greater interference here, if it`s a poopy unit, or I need to try some other batteries.:\

Are your batteries fully charged? If so, try different batteries. If that doesn't help, it may be a radio problem.

did you run through a puddle or wet grass? i had this issue with the venom onboard failsafe/temp/voltage gauge.. turned out it got wet

did you run through a puddle or wet grass? i had this issue with the venom onboard failsafe/temp/voltage gauge.. turned out it got wet

No, actually, it`s tucked inside the reciever box. Not sure if it`s supposed to be in there, but it fit so I put it there.

Try using a 5 cell 6.0v hump pak for you Rx (reciever), it should stop the failsafe kicking in so much. AA size Nimh batteries are only rated at 1.2v each, therefore 4 x 1.2v = 4.8v. A Failsafe kicks in around 4.0v.

I started using hump pak's due to the same thing. Never had a problem since changing over to them, that is, unless i flatten the Rx pak by running for too long.

Should turn in about $20 or less per pak, so if going the hump pak route, get two. Fully charge both then GO HAVE FUN !!! lol

Try using a 5 cell 6.0v hump pak for you Rx (reciever), it should stop the failsafe kicking in so much. AA size Nimh batteries are only rated at 1.2v each, therefore 4 x 1.2v = 4.8v. A Failsafe kicks in around 4.0v.

I started using hump pak's due to the same thing. Never had a problem since changing over to them, that is, unless i flatten the Rx pak by running for too long.

Should turn in about $20 or less per pak, so if going the hump pak route, get two. Fully charge both then GO HAVE FUN !!! lol

That sounds like a good idea. I aleady bought a bunch of nimh, so I`m thinking of trying the Ofna, I heard a lot of good things about them.

If you get a hump pak (or two) get something above 1050mah, it will last longer, you may also need a charger aswell as they tend to need "specific" charging rates. Unless, that is, you already have a suitable charger.

You will also find that going to a 6v pack will help the speed and strength of your servo's a little bit depending on the specs.

Back