Duratrax brushless motor for Stampede?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domijan91

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. I'm going to be upgrading a lot of parts on my traxxas stampede. One thing I'm doing is switching it from brushed to brushless. I am looking for a good ESC and MOTOR. Not necessarily a package deal but good quality aftermarket parts. I don't want just the stock ESC or motor as I went through multiple of both with the brushed system and I'd rather not waste the money.

I've been looking at the duratrax DE10 ESC and programmer and the duratrax 10.5T 3650Kv motor. What you guys think? Anyone have these? I went with duratrax because that's the current brushed ESC I have and love it. Also what ESC and motor would you recommend? Keep in mind I don't want to get the basic stock setup and I am willing to spend $200 on the duratrax ESC and motor! Also I mostly do hard bashing and jumps and some racing! I want something with a lot of power.
Thanks guys.

Have you given any thought to the Traxxas Velineon VXL? The VXL is a great little combo and will really put new life into your Stampede and you can get them for less then $150. Or if you really want to go all out, put in a Mamba Max Pro with a 3800 brushless motor. This will do just fine bashing and give you stupid fast speeds if you can handle it. :D

I'm fairly certain that you could use the sidewinder/3800kv combo in it and save a few bucks if its the 2WD Pede....may need a lil more ESC if it the 4X4 Pede.

Have you given any thought to the Traxxas Velineon VXL? The VXL is a great little combo and will really put new life into your Stampede and you can get them for less then $150. Or if you really want to go all out, put in a Mamba Max Pro with a 3800 brushless motor. This will do just fine bashing and give you stupid fast speeds if you can handle it. :D

Thanks. I am now looking into the mmp setup. One question, how water proof is it? I know that it's not going to be completely submergible but can I hit puddles and run through wet grass? Maybe even rain? I know some can't even sit in to humid of climates, I don't want that! I want a sturdy, bad ass esc like this one seams! But is it?

Water wont hurt brushless motors but the Castle ESCs arent water resistant like the Velineon system is but it is a better quality set up and any ESC can be waterproofed fairly easily or made water resistant even more easily.

I have put the Duratrax into a few of my R/C and love it. It is not really rated for a 4 wheel drive but it rocks and will work as a combo. Does not require much setup with the radio system and with a Venom 5000 40C LiPo pack I get almost 30 minutes of run time. it is not water proof if want to spend a little more the VXL from traxxas is the way to go.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAZUP

Hey guys. I'm going to be upgrading a lot of parts on my traxxas stampede. One thing I'm doing is switching it from brushed to brushless. I am looking for a good ESC and MOTOR. Not necessarily a package deal but good quality aftermarket parts. I don't want just the stock ESC or motor as I went through multiple of both with the brushed system and I'd rather not waste the money.

I've been looking at the duratrax DE10 ESC and programmer and the duratrax 10.5T 3650Kv motor. What you guys think? Anyone have these? I went with duratrax because that's the current brushed ESC I have and love it. Also what ESC and motor would you recommend? Keep in mind I don't want to get the basic stock setup and I am willing to spend $200 on the duratrax ESC and motor! Also I mostly do hard bashing and jumps and some racing! I want something with a lot of power.
Thanks guys.

I use Dynamite FUZE Senorless Brushless systems in my Electric powerd Rig's
I have a 3800 KV FUZE motor & esc combo in my Losi XXX SCT & it's pretty fast on 2 Cell Lipo & even quicker on 3 Cell.. I have been useing Dynamite Systems for a wile now & have not had any major problems & programming is a breeze

& You want speed as well I wouldent go beyond 4000 Kv's A pede is light & think anything over 4000KV's will be overkill IMO

I've got the vxl setup and I have no complaints. :) I like being able to run mine through big puddles, rain, wet grass and anything else I can.

I forgot to mention but I also run mine on 2s

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I run a Dynamite Fuze 5600kV and am really impressed by it. Plenty of speed and torque on 2s for me.

I was actually lookin at the fuze kit before I got my vxl rustler. Didnt seem like a bad kit.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Is the Dynamite waterproof? The Esc that is?

NO that's about the ONLY FLAW with Dynamite's systems...
But if you run through a small puddle & your Rig does not get total soked you will be fine I hit a puddle a few times after a rain storm & took a rag & dried everything right away & still have not had any problem's.. But I stay away from water reguardless if the Rig is waterproof or NOT