duratrax 835b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can show you better than I can tell you it already sold andwhat makes me not qualified thanks :D

I owned a Durtrax Maximum BX way back in 1999 and I must say it ran pretty good. Duratrax is a beginner level R/C company and they will take the abuse. They also have very loose suspension parts because of the Stress Tec promise. this means it will not handle as well as more expensive 1/8 Scale buggies but it looks like a well balanced buggy and will take jumps well. Their plastic is more flexable then other R/Cs so it will not break as easy. I do suggest Duratrax to any one new in R/C that wants an inexpensive toy and fun to play with. I have nothing bad to say about this company and they do use Futuba radios on most of their toys.

I have considered buying the 835 Buggy a few times this year just because I like the way buggies fly over jumps and handle.

i was going too get the 835b but now after reading this i change my mind.i knew the price was low for a reason.in rc driver it sounds like a good entry level 1/8 buggy but with it breaking and bad batch parts any good sugg. on a 1/8 buggy?

you get what you pay for!

i was going too get the 835b but now after reading this i change my mind.i knew the price was low for a reason.in rc driver it sounds like a good entry level 1/8 buggy but with it breaking and bad batch parts any good sugg. on a 1/8 buggy?

You would have to judge for your self. I bought this buggy for my son so he could race arround on our track at home. Nothing has broken and he's an unforgiving 7 yr old. Plus most of the parts the people complain about is parts that are covered by stresstec guarintee. if it breaks they replace it.:first_place:

Seems like the 835 works great for bashing. Which that was what its made for. Turning it into a dirt oval isn't what it's meant for. Must be to stiff and can't handle the added weight .I have to say when it was together it handled great. So i'm not saying to anyone not to buy one just don't turn it into a late model

I think duratrax is on the right track, i mean they don't cost as much as your name brand vehicles and seem to handle pretty much what you through at it. But when you got to race any vehicles have a breaking point it's just duratrax is a little more in my budget to fix compared to a losi or associated product that it would eat my budget up just buying the darn thing... I consider myself to like the underdog vehicles that noone expects to preform but they do.. But to each there own ya know? if you can afford the high dollar stuff go for it , but if you on a budget like me, the fund part of the hobby is finding the deals and making them preform with what you have....

I think duratrax is on the right track, i mean they don't cost as much as your name brand vehicles and seem to handle pretty much what you through at it. But when you got to race any vehicles have a breaking point it's just duratrax is a little more in my budget to fix compared to a losi or associated product that it would eat my budget up just buying the darn thing... I consider myself to like the underdog vehicles that noone expects to preform but they do.. But to each there own ya know? if you can afford the high dollar stuff go for it , but if you on a budget like me, the fund part of the hobby is finding the deals and making them preform with what you have....

I took this buggy after my son used it put my race motor with a 14t clutch bell and it was awesome. Very fast and I launched it over several jumps. after about an hr or so the only thing that was wrong with it was a bent front hinge pin and the steering servo was stripped. For a buget minded car it's competable with a few tweeks. I normaly run (name brand) but I'm not all excited about giving this back to my son. I will def buy again.:D

yeah it looks like the same platform as the raze and raze st. I have a raze st with big bore shocks and set up and it is a mean machine... I love it just wish they didn't get rid of them thats why i have one that runs one thats new in the box and two parts one so i don't run out of parts...lol

alford01 thanks for the steal of a deal on the 835b looking forward to doing business with you again..Terry

I just got an ad from Tower Hobbies looks like that HPI is picking up the Ofna HOBAO Hyper 7 Series of buggies for a reasonable price. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCWHA&P=7
Now I could be wrong that HPI has bought the Ofna buggies but it is strange to say they have the same name because Ofna had the HOBAO brand on the Hyper 7 for a few years now they have HPI selling it

Is this a merger of the 2 companies or did Ofna just sell off the 1/8 scale buggies?

Last edited:
Joe thanks for the input will have to dig up some more info on that, its kinda of hard now adays to figure out who owns who and who bought what ya know? Myself i wish duratrax would go back to there raze st platform because i tell you what that truggy is tough and i can beat losi's all day long with half the investment...but thats ok i've picked up 2 razes st's and i still have a new one in the box...lol and a small box full of parts and i plan on racing it this summer...

I doubt he is going to reply to ya....'ol JoeMaxx popped a vein and got booted