duratrax 835b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alford01

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Are these buggies any good just getting in and dont know much. Thanks

Most of the threads that ask about duratrax get an answer along the lines of "I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole." But I don't own one so I can't really comment past that.

Thats kinda my thoughts now. What would be the best buggy to setup for dirt oval

Are these buggies any good just getting in and dont know much. Thanks

The new 835 is scores diferent than the old raze nitro. they really steped up to the plate on this one. It's actually quite comparable to the big name rtr's. it's more of an in between from beginner to race level w/more options to go out and bash or race w/an affordable price. plus the stress tec garuntee is awesome.:second_place::first_place:

Most of the threads that ask about duratrax get an answer along the lines of "I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole." But I don't own one so I can't really comment past that.

I actually havent seen any threads with such heresay friend. I think Duratrax makes great rigs and have been around as long as Traxxas about. If they were garbage, they would flounder. I owned a Duratrax when I was 13 (12 yrs back) and it ran better than my Traxxas did.

I think Duratrax make great products.

I actually havent seen any threads with such heresay friend. I think Duratrax makes great rigs and have been around as long as Traxxas about. If they were garbage, they would flounder. I owned a Duratrax when I was 13 (12 yrs back) and it ran better than my Traxxas did.

I think Duratrax make great products.

apologies, I must have been thinking of another brand someone mentioned.

Its A nice looking buggy but have already had like 8 different parts go out on me can't run a whole evening with out something breaking:angry: only had it a month and i bought it brand new

Wow I was looking in to getting one of these... seriously 8 different parts??? I have a raze and 4 raze st's and i think they should of stayed with the raze and the st...

four servos not from getting wet either, bearing font knuchle caused from pin coming out of universal shaft motor alll ready at 50% disk brakes gone in first day out, one way bearing shot, Throttle and brake linkage ball end.

ran last night and my rear ring and pinion shot is this bad luck or am I doin something wrong here

I would probably get a hold of duratrax and tell them about it? maybe you just got a lemon? Tell them all the stuff that has happen to it and see what they do, it's worth a shot anyway.

they told me to mail them the car the only way they will help me

I would mail it back with all thats wrong and the bills showing you bought new parts...

ran last night and my rear ring and pinion shot is this bad luck or am I doin something wrong here

I just got this buggy last week and on sunday the same thing happened to mine. totally stripped the teeth off the rear pinion gear. I took it to my hobby shop yesterday they called it in and I left there with the new parts. The people at the hobby shop said that the distributer said it was a bad batch of castings.

Wow kinda of a bad deal to have that much wrong but if i'm right didn't the raze st have the same problem that a bad batch of something and they had to replace them all??? I like duratrax no matter what, i think there a good platform to race with and win, my raze st can spanks alot of losi truggys for half the price...lol

Wow kinda of a bad deal to have that much wrong but if i'm right didn't the raze st have the same problem that a bad batch of something and they had to replace them all??? I like duratrax no matter what, i think there a good platform to race with and win, my raze st can spanks alot of losi truggys for half the price...lol

I had the same issue yrs ago with losi plastics on a GTX. Arms kept breaking then they came out with replacement parts to fix the proub. I think all the the companies have the issue when they do something new. You're right tho duratrax is def capable of whooping but at half or less of a price.:first_place:

The buggy its self I like just sick of replacing parts

I can understand that, that to me if i like the product i just keep sinking to much money in it...lol

After setting it up as a late model the buggy ran good sets up well and was a contender. Just not reliable. Switching to Ofna on pro may consider selling it as roller got lots of extra parts

alford01 is not qualified to sell here yet. Keep that in mind if you are wanting to buy something from him.